NINE

NAHZIR "DRACO"

NBA Youngboy's "Lonely Child" blasted through the speakers inside of Draco's living room. He was seated on the couch rolling up his fourth blunt for the day. He felt his phone ring once again , he picked it up and declined it for the fifth time , knowing that it was just Kiyari. He was sticking to his word of distancing himself.

"I say mama i'm so sorry, I got ice burned where my heart at." He mumbled the lyrics as he finished rolling. The dog Kiyari got him laid beside him snuggled up into his side, he ended up naming him Chop.

"Chop go to yo' house youn need to be inhaling this." He said to the dog which jumped off and went into his cage.

Half the time Nahzir liked to be to himself in his house, with no one to bother him. He's always been like that ever since he was little.  

Standing up from his spot on the couch he walked over to the fridge and pulled it open , finding it to be empty , like always.

"Damn I guess I needa go shopping forreal, fuck." He sighed picking up his keys from the counter.

"I'a be back Chop , hold shit down." He said to the dog before exiting out of the house. He slid into his car and brought the engine to life, making his way towards Walmart.  It didn't take him long to pull into the Walmart parking lot due to the store only being a good 10 from him. Pulling into the parking lot of the store he parked at the back away from other cars , due to him having a constant fear of someone hitting his car.

As he dreadfully walked into the store he placed his airpods in his ears to avoid having to speak to anyone , he wanted this to be an in and out process.  He already had the store mapped out in his head, he first went to the frozen section and picked up things such as Eggo waffles , chicken pattie's, pizza rolls , tyson's chicken nuggets etc.  He rarely cooked so 9/10 he was eating something that he could just pop into the microwave or the oven. He then made his way to the drink aisle , picking up three cases of gatorade and 3 cases of water.

"Oh shit I need some cereal." He said smacking his teeth , he turned the cart around and made his way towards the opposite direction where the cereal was , he instantly went for a box of Capn' Crunch Berries , and a box of Fruit Loops, tossing them into the basket with all the other items. As he turned around he bumped into a figure causing him to drop his items

"Aye what the fuck— Mahalia?" He squinted his eyes recognizing the familiar face.

"Draco? I almost didn't recognize you , you look different ...  and you're tatted as fuck."

"Well the last time you seen me was eleventh grade, I would assume I changed."

"Mhm. In a good way."

Mahalia and Nahzir were close friends up until eleventh grade. After their junior year , Mahalia ended up moving to Savannah to attend a private school.  After that the two went their separate ways even though they tried to stay in touch it fell through.

"Preciate you. What you doing inna A? Thought you was wit them white folks."

"I actually came out here for school, got my own lil apartment not too far from here."

"Word? That's wassup." 
It was like deja vu for Nahzir because everyone from his past were showing up out of nowhere. He didn't know if this was a sign or a warning .

"What you been doing? Still playing basketball?"

"Hell nah.  I tattoo and some other shit. Aye I would love to sit here and chat it up witchu' but I gotta get up outta hea'"

"Oh im sorry I didn't mean to hold you up... can I get your number though?"

He thought about it for a moment before giving in and typing his number into her phone.