Chapter Five: The Hero meets the Bitchy Hyena and her Whiny Bimbo

I know it sounds pretentious, but the skittish little girl inside me can't possibly imagine any scenario where this situation could ever happen in a million years. I'm not one of the popular girls, so PRO, I don't walk around like there's a massive pogo stick shoved up my ass. PRO, I'll never have anything stuffed up said ass, but CON, my peers may never understand me.

My point is I'm a sensible person. Okay, I'm sensible; I make reasonable decisions, and an hour ago, I foolishly assumed Brandon shared this same trait. No one can have undeniable looks, above-average intelligence, and common sense simultaneously duly noted. Especially since I can't believe the golden boy frequents this den of thieves, sluts, pickaxe murders, and misguided adolescents with a shit ton of issues.

Still, I am curious about this hot maniac's attempt at a good time. After all, who could find this exciting except degenerates?!

I glare at the entrance. "I don't know what kind of jacks and tricks you used to, but I'm not that kind of girl."

"Everyone has a dark side." Brandon smiles, laughing at my agonizing torment.

"For a straight-A student that's enlisting in the army, you're pretty messed up." I frown.

"What has being a good girl gotten you so far?" Brandon says, watching a crowd wrap around the building in a single filed line. "and before you say anything. You won't see anything you haven't already seen before."

"Well, for starters, I've never been shanked by a bodyguard guarding a club full of hooches. And just because I've seen mine doesn't mean I want to compare notes." I fold my arms across my chess.

"Are you always this cynical?" Brandon faces me with a smirk, taking three steps backward, rolling the keyring with the keys to his locked car on his index finger.

He turns around swaggering across the empty street in all his glory as he takes the same long and confident strides he does in school. The only difference is there are usually several factions of girls scattered across the halls like a pack of ravenous wolves ready to gouge out fake boobs for the pleasure of being crowned Alpha Female.

Then, they can take their rightful place next to Brandon and the moving background he's always surrounded by at school. The entire chick population identifies this sexy exhibit as the Lockwood Saunter, and every Monday through Friday at 8:20 AM; it keeps getting better and better.

Brandon first pulled up to this low-rise black building with a collage of red Xs circling the scarlet sign of a nightclub an hour outside of town in a place called X-Rated. Of course, my mouth flew open and unhinged like a pornstar, but ever since I got out of the car, I've been staring at the building, completely stunned. Now and again, I threw a dirty look at Brandon, who sat in his car for the better part of an hour, arguing on the phone.

Was it the same person he was speaking to earlier when he caught me once again walking away from all my problems? I would've asked him, but his demeanor changed the second they answered. I'm the first person to give a guy crap by using my talent to deconstruct his façade, but I never expected to tear down the golden boy's image. He's a handsome, clean-cut guy with chiseled features and 200 pounds of muscle. Of course, I thought he was all put together.

I roll my eyes, stomping across the street to club X-Rated with folded arms pressed against my chest. The towering 6 ft tall, three-hundred-pound man with a full beard, a septum piercing, and a split tongue stands in front of Brandon, cackling like a seventh-grade school girl. For a while, I take a second, glancing back and forth at each one with my anger rising.

I purposefully sigh three times in an exasperated loud tone, all to no avail. It's enough to be dragged to club booty shaker, but to be forced to stand outside while the devil chats to his number one soul winner is insulting. If I'm going to this hellhole, then I'd rather get it over with on my terms, not hours from now, minutes before the crack of dawn. Besides, it's a school night.