n i n e t e e n

I HUG THALIA tight as we stand in the airport saying goodbye to one another as Easton and I are about to head on our next flight

I HUG THALIA tight as we stand in the airport saying goodbye to one another as Easton and I are about to head on our next flight. Meanwhile, she, Atlas, and June are staying a couple more days here before heading back to Sandy Cove.

"I can't wait until you come back home," Thalia says, and I can't help but laugh.

"I know Atlas is insufferable but careful. You'll make him feel bad," I whisper to her, but I can Atlas shoot me a death glare.

"Stop putting ideas into her head!" he tells me, coming over to wrap his arms around her from behind and I roll my eyes.

"She's the one who wants me back so much because she's sick of you," I joke and he whispers something in her ear that makes her blush. "Keep it to yourselves!"

I walk around them and head over to where June and Easton stand. I wrap my arms around her small frame, hugging her.

"Make sure you take care of her," June tells Easton, wagging her finger at him. "I need her to sneak me in sweet treats when she's back."

I can't help but giggle at that, and Easton shakes his head with a twinkle in his eyes as he looks at me. "I will."

Over the past couple of days, Easton had won the cup here at the California competition, making June proud and even giving her the trophy, which made me worried how she would get that through airport security, but I know she will find a way. Even if she has to bribe someone.

The morning after Easton and I had woken up together, we had lied there, facing each other as he stroked my cheek and we hadn't spoken.

While everything was now out in the open, and I had forgiven him for not contacting me since it was his piece of shit agent at the time who got inside his head, forgiving him for not saying goodbye had been harder and trust was something that would need to be earned.

He knew that.

And he didn't push me. I had given him once last kiss before sneaking out into my room and the days that followed were a mix of surfing and spending time with everyone, where we hadn't had time to see each other properly.

But Easton seems lighter, happier, almost, as if everything that had been weighing him down had now been lifted. If it was up to him, I'm sure we would be together properly, but trust was something he would have to earn. After all, I was upset for so many years and I don't want to get my heart broken like that again.

"Well, we have a flight to catch. I'll miss you all, but I'll see you soon," I say and smile as June pats my hand that she is holding.

We wave to them as we walk through, shouting goodbye as we get some odd looks from people. Easton and I spend the next hour making our way through the airport, going through security, picking up what we need for the flight before we head to the airport lounge.

Sitting across from each other in the armchairs, a table separating us, we both order some hot drinks before we fall into a comfortable routine. I get my book out to read. Meanwhile, Easton alternates between taking some work related phone calls and tapping away on his phone.