Dixson's POV (52)

Side story.  (6)

We left Mitch's office with his blessing but I needed to tell our sister Aria, how am I going to tell her? Especially after what happened with Luna.

I walked her to the classroom without saying a word there were to many things whirling around my head.

We got to the room but I wasn't ready to let her hand go, "I think we should tell Grover and Lucy before I tell Aria, they will be more affected than she will be" "that sounds good to me, when would you like to tell them?" "Me? Won't you help me?" "definitely, okay wrong words, when should we tell them?", I let go of her hand, taking a step forward and wrapped my arms around her, "the sooner the better, let them finish school, we can tell them later, have a good day at work and I will see you after" I kissed her cheek then left.

While the pups and Cora were in school and working, I just wondered around the woods, racking my brain to what to tell the pups and Aria when I call her, how was she react?

I played out so many different scenarios in my head, good and bad.

As I walked out from the woods, I could see pups, running around everywhere, I could just about see Cora with Grover and Lucy, I quickly run over to them, Grover and Lucy spotted me first, I held my finger up to my mouth to shush them, they did as instructed, I snuck up behind Cora and put my arms around her waist and said "where are you going?" Cora let out allowed scream, "why are you so jumpy today?" I laughed, she turned around and hit me on the arm but she instantly started to apologize "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you, I'm so sorry" the pups looked confused, "it's okay, don't worry" "Dixson, Cora said, that Grover and I can't go and play" "that's right, we need to talk to you both, you can play a little later".

Mitch was out at a meeting, I had already messaged him to ask if it was okay to use his office, "why are we going in there? Is Mr alpha Mitch not happy with me? Is he going to send me away?" Lucy started to cry, I got down on my knees in front of her and held her hand, "I will never let anyone send you away, you are my pup now and you will be forever, also you don't need to call him Mr alpha Mitch, he is family, I bet if you called him uncle Mitch he would like that" I said hugging her as I picked her up and took her into the office.

We all sat down and then silence, what do I say? the pups were looking at me, Cora was so nervous and shaking, it felt like I could feel her through the floor, "ok, ok, ok" I just repeated myself not knowing how to say the words "ok, so Cora and I are going..." "you're going to be mated" "what? How did you know?" I said shocked "I've always known Cora has liked you from the beginning and I've seen the way you are with her, you talk to her different, you are short and sharp with everyone, but not with Cora, you also don't seem so on edge around her, anyway, Lucy and I have already talked and we are ok with it, on one condition" Grover sat back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest, just like Mitch did a few hours ago, Lucy followed suit.

"What's that?" "You take us out for ice cream every Friday after school" I looked at Cora who was holding back a smile, I leant over to her and whispered loudly "that condition is a bit steep; do you think we could haggle them down to once a fortnight?" "That's still a lot, maybe once a month" "no way, that's not enough, Cora you're so mean" I couldn’t hold my laughter back, "you have a deal, every Friday we will go for ice cream" "yay" the pups shouted.

We left the office and the pups went running out to play, before we went outside, I pulled Cora to the side and wrapped my arms around her, I rested my head on her shoulder "that was easier than I thought" she agreed with me.

We just stood their hugging for a few minutes before letting her go, "I need to go and call my sister".

"Hey Cash, is my sister available?" "Hey Dixson, she's just outside with the pups, I will go and grab her" "Cash wait, if she's with the pups, don't trouble her" "it's fine, it's my time with the pups now" he laughed.

"Dixson" "hi Aria" "everything ok? Lucy, ok?" "Yeah, we are fine, I just wanted to call and tell you something, I didn't want you to find out by someone else" "you're freaking me out, what's going on?" "Aria said worried, "it's nothing bad, please don't be worried, do you remember when Ranger came back with Cash and his fated mate, the three of us were in his office and we got onto the subject of me getting a mate" "Cora? Am I right?" "Yeah, well, she is going to be my mate, it's not official yeah, it's only been a a day and I don't won't rush into anything, Mitch has approved of our mating".

Aria fell silent for a few seconds "Aria, are you mad?" "What? No way, I'm so happy for you, the way you spoke about her, I could tell you liked her, bring her here so I can meet her, she's got a little brother too" "yeah, Grover" "bring him to and don't forget Lucy".

Aria and I arranged for myself, Cora and the pups to go on Friday for the weekend, the pups might not be happy going on Friday, they will miss their first ice cream trip but I think they will get over it, they will be spoiled rotten with the Blood Moon Knight pack.