✨ facts & trivias ✨ behind the scenes ✨

🎡

hello!

this story is finally completed.

i would like to thank everyone who spent time following the love story of anjo and xavi.

the story of late drive continues with the next entry, Raspberry Nights. with nixon :)

what's ur last message to xanjo?

🎡

facts & trivias

• this is a prequel of raspberry nights.

• since chasing the boys is the fourth installment in the boys series, it is therefore largely a part of the worldbuilding of the de villa boys and its other related series, hence the names of the guys sa chapter 1. the guys that anjo mentioned are her crushes and celebrity crushes na magiging bida rin one day sa sarili nilang stories.

• the characters from the boys series should've been featured more in the story but since removed sa main profile ko ang decoding the boys, i had to omit a lot of their scenes to make sure readable pa rin yung story.

• one of anjo's ultimate crushes is milly's cousin, Sed, from the armada side of the family. milly is the female lead of martini kisses.

• maverick, the idol that anjo's stanning, is the male lead of last 7 nights. from the limelight series. it will be written next year.

• boring yung simula ng ctb coz i wrote this story when i was too drained out from writing na. wala na ko mailabas na maayos pa kaya ganito lang quality ng story na 'to.

• there are a lot of cut scenes and jumping timelines within the story because i initially wrote chasing the boys to forget my writing insecurities. it's my way of teaching myself that i can write, for myself. na ok lang to jump around without proper build-up kasi for myself lang naman yung story. so kahit na di pasado sakin standard ng chasing the boys, i let go of the rules i set for myself so i can discipline myself and teach myself na it's okay to be spontaneous sometimes.

• chasing the boys was NEVER planned to be written. xavi was already featured in decoding the boys 2 way back 2015 pa. anjo is a character from 2012. nauna pa sila kay nixon and late drive (raspberry nights). i had no plans of writing their story kasi tapos na love story nila sa isip ko, by the time i wrote midnight ladies. ayoko sana ng ganon. yung alam mo na kagad na magiging sila.

• but nung naghahanap ako ng story na pwedeng i-yolo, i was looking for a fun character ulit. like monday and six. and ultimately, the choice was between markus / abi and xavi / anjo. i chose xavi / anjo.

• i'm not proud of this story at all. ang dami kong scenes and arcs na na-skip coz i couldn't follow my outline properly. so i ended up pantsing my way through talaga haha.

• nixon is one of the reasons why nahirapan ako sa story na 'to. his sudden interference caused a ripple effect in the story flow haha.

• when i repost the story again, all the cut scenes, omitted scenes, and removed arcs will be incorporated. including the world of the boys series. i will fix the build-up and lengthen the arcs according to what i initially wrote and planned in the outline.

• anjo's name came from my own name. angela turned into anjelou.

• xavi's name came so suddenly. i didn't even have to think about it. it's a stylized form of xavier.

• actual peg for the voice of xavi is the song: Heart in Tokyo.

• maxxie and lhyle should be the next lead of the boys series #5. hating the boys. but i might not get to write them anymore.

• the initial title of chasing the boys is charming the boys.

deleted scenes

the early part of the story. binawasan ko yung harmless friendship between anjo and xavi before her confession and his rejection.

• binawasan ko rin yung "show" ng pagiging baby boy ni xavi sa WPX.

• binawasan ko rin yung failed dates ni anjo. pati yung ibang arguments nila. bago pa umamin si xavi that he likes her back.

• there should be a scene that late drive will go to their house para haranahin siya. that was removed too.

• nabawasan din yung jealous scenes ni xavi haha.

• nabawasan din yung scenes where xavi's still chasing after her.

• there are five special chapters planned out for ctb din ~

• all of these will be incorporated into the main storyline one day after revision. there's more but these are all i could remember off the top of my head.

💜

art by sempiternal

art by sempiternal. please don't repost without watermark.

cheers, chie!
12/15/2023