1.3

"Sweetheart, now that we have gotten on friendly terms with each other, do you now know what you want in our relationship?" He asked while clinging to your back like how a baby koala would do to its mother. "Of course, staying by your side is a must. I would never leave you unless you wish for it, but I was thinking if you wanted something more specific in our relationship."

Your hands which were holding onto a pair of matching mugs quivered slightly from the close contact yet you didn't deny him of his affection. You exhaled a shaky breath, trying to remind yourself that although it involved money, Kael is now your lover, so you too have to act like one lest what's the point of you wasting your money on him?

"I don't know. Isn't it enough if you just stayed by my side?" You tried to act nonchalant despite how your hands were trembling while stirring your drink with a spoon. "It's been a while since I've been in a relationship so I wouldn't know what you meant."

"Oh?" He seemed perked up by this. "For how long has my sweetheart been single?"

You remained silent for a while, thinking about how to answer. "For a very, very long time."

"Is that why you have been lonely?" He hugged your waist tighter, leaning his head on your shoulder while pressing your back to his muscly abdomen. "I'm sorry. I won't make you feel alone anymore."

You bit your lower lips to suppress the shriek down your throat, inwardly scolding him for taking you by surprise, especially when his voice was so close to your ear that his words almost turned into a whisper. He's lucky you don't have that defense mechanism where your hand would reflexively move to slap the heck out of him.

Still, you can't deny that he does have a talent for being a male escort. By only saying "I won't make you feel alone anymore," you can feel something stir inside of you. It almost makes you emotional, but fortunately, you are rational enough to know that those words were uttered with the hope of you spending more money on his service.

But then again, so what? You knew this. You agreed to it. This was a give-and-take relationship and you were pretty content with that. This is what you've been looking for in a relationship.

"What about you?" The preparation for your drink was done so you moved on to his next. "Do you want something more specific in our relationship?"

He chuckled. "Oh, sweetheart, if you asked me, then it would be too many."

"I don't mind."

This time, he giggled. You were surprised because it sounded so childish and drunk-like it brought a smile of amusement to your face.

"Oh, so you're willing to indulge me, huh? Okay then. Iー to be honest, I wanted to move our relationship to the next step," he spoke slowly. "To put it simply, I want us to be more intimate."

You went rigid for a second. "You mean like... sex?"

"That too but I was actually talking about kissing," he laughed. "I would love to go on that stage but I know how difficult it must be for you and I'd respect it if you don't want me to so I'm pretty content with being able to kiss you only."

Your face heated up in embarrassment at his words, so my assumption was wrong.

"Can I, sweetheart?" Although teasing your mistake might satisfy his inner mischief, why would he when it would only make you more shy and conscious of him? "Can I kiss you?"

ーso in the meantime, he would put an act of a gentleman to lower your guard down.

Like a predator patiently waiting in the shadows. Its eyes are glued to its prey, watching for the right moment to strike and seize its target. Of course, if it made the slightest mistake, the cautious prey would start to notice the predator's presence. It would then become suspicious, looking around nervously. It would be on edge, but that's okay, as long as the predator doesn't cross the line and show itself, surely the prey would gradually calm down.

The predator then only needed to watch and wait.

Patiently. Calmly. Unrushed.

And then, in a split second, it would make its move.

"Okayー"

He grinned.

"ーbut not now. Not today. I'm still not ready."

Oh well.

Kael smiled helplessly, knowing that he had to wait and persevere a little bit more. He nodded obediently while still clinging to you like a baby koala until you handed him his drink.

"During the one-hour consultation session, the assistant, Cookie, told me a lot about you," you said. "Mainly your preferences. She told me that you really like bitter chocolate so I made you a drink based on that preference."

The male escort glanced at the drink you held out for him. Since he has been hovering behind you for a while, he could see that you were making something, but he didn't expect that one of the drinks would be his. He recalled how you had meticulously crushed the baking chocolate to fine pieces before gently combining it with steaming hot water within the ceramic mug. As the chocolate melted into smooth, creamy liquid, you stirred it thoroughly, ensuring that every piece was fully integrated.

It was like you were really making a drink for a beloved husband and not a mere escort.

He took the mug from your hand, expressing gratitude with a joyous smile.

"Sweetheart, can I be a little bit more greedy?"

"Sure."

"Can you make this for me every day?"

You stifled a laughter. "Was I the one that bought you or were you the one that bought me?"

He whined, moving the drink away from you as if scared that you would snatch it away. "I promise I would cook, clean, massage and be at your beck and call. I'm just asking for this one thing, okay?"

In the end, seeing how he was shamelessly acting cute. You relented and obeyed. Anyway, it's not so bad to have someone you can make a drink for. After all, you have been alone inside this house far too long.

You nodded and took a sip of your healthy beverage, glancing at the snow-covered landscape outside the window.

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

||KAEL'S LOVE STATUS||

‪‪❤︎‬♡♡♡♡