30. Siara

"Where's papa" I ask my mom who then points to his office . I nod and stroll inside and I don't care if he wants me to marry his friend's son or anyone in this world . All I know is that my Papa is hurt because of me. I've dissapointed him . I knock and he looks up for once then goes back to writing something .

"Papa" I utter strolling inside "I---- I'm sorry "uncontrollable tears barge into my eyes .

"I'm really sorry papa , I'll do as you say and I'll marry whoever you want me to" I press on his bicep "I'll forget Daksh "

He stops signing the application in front of him and looks at my face " it will be the best option for you sunshine "

It hurts ,it really hurts but having seen Daksh's whole life ,it is indeed the best option for me .

"You can meet him and decide . There is no need to rush. If there is any other guy tell me that too. Any other guy except him."

"NO , I'm ready . Waiting will only make things worse. I'm ready now "

He sighs and gets up "Sunshine, I'm not a toxic father. Trust me, I am not . If you say no we'll say no to Dev . I want your mind to get over that one guy. If you want to study , I'll send you abroad . If you want to stay with us --"

"Papa " I hold his arm "you're not a toxic father . I want to meet him and see how things go , I'll then decide and tell you . Please can we do that ?"

"See ?" He looks at mom who's standing near the door with tears in her eyes . Papa looks at me saying "she's not talking to me since I'm the one ruining her daughter's life and according to her I'm a toxic , control-freak maniac"

"I didn't say the last one" she complains and I smile "it's okay mom , you're thinking too much. I made a mistake and I'm sorry about everything. I'll be good now"

"Aww , you're always good my baby" she kisses my head .

"Is devansh gonna stay with us " she asks papa who nods "yeah , for sometime at least. Siara can stay around Bhavin a little more and get to know him "

They exchange glances and mom excitedly says "I have to cook so much then"

She rushes outside while I stroll to my room upstairs but on the way My eyes catch glimpse of the guestrooms being readied for the Thakkars .

There are numerous articles online claiming my marraige to bhavin already while I haven't even see him. As I fall on the bed , my mind diverts to Daksh and last night which makes my heart flip.
I see that I have a text from friends congratulating me but none from him . Does he not care ? My heart aches on that very thought but I shake it away . Suddenly I see there's a missed call from an unknown number and a text .

Unknown: hey , my dad gave me your number and I couldn't wait to text you Siara . I hope you're doing well and I'm excited to meet you . Don't take me for a desperate man but I don't want to make you uneasy by my presence.

Ohh, that's him . My maybe future husband .

Siara: hii , thanks for texting me Bhavin . Isn't everything too awkward ?"

I get up and open my closet to find a dress . Heer would have helped me but she's not around anymore . It freaking hurts so much . I get a white coloured dress from the closet and my phone suddenly dings . I didn't expect a reply when it's time for him to be in the flight.

Bhavin : for me it isn't . I'm not into love and romance so much so an arranged marriage will do best for me but I understand your point completely. We can be friends at least .

Siara : ofcourse , thank you so much.

He seems very kind and sweet but I don't trust people so easily. I'll take my time trying to understand him and it's not that anyone can come sit in my heart when a pshycho lucifer already stays there by force.

After getting dressed , I help mumma in the kitchen and we then wait for them . It turns out they reach in front of our Mansion at ten in the night . My eyes land at a man dressed in button downs like my papa . They both hug each other while a lady dressed in a shit expensive outfit with a bitch face , sorry to say , greets my mom . I can see how much my mom seems uncomfortable . From the second car he steps down . His hair neatly swept back. No single tattoo on his body and he has suspicious Grey eyes . He's handsome but plain featured . Not a jaw dropper like the one I'm habitual of being around.

I greet his dad who pats my head "you've grown up with your mom's class and your dad's discipline. They are strict parents aren't they?"

I smile and shake my head "come here Bhavin" he calls his son who greets my mom dad like a true gentleman.

"When these two were kids they were always around " he says about my mom dad " and it's the same for you two"

He laughs, I remember us visiting them in vacations sometimes but not more than that.

The elders walk inside while he follows me behind .

"You're really beautiful, the photographs do such injustice to your beauty"

I smile and shake my head "you saw my photographs"

"Umm, I'm sorry I kinda went through your Instagram " he runs fingers through his hair before straightening his collar.

"No that's completely alright." I smile .
We have dinner with family and then I take him upstairs to show my room . At least right now he's the only one I'm allowed to stay around and hopefully he won't cheat ,deceive or hide things from me .

"Hmm , everything seems so.. pearly" he looks around like a lost child " just like your Instagram. "

I smile and he very carefully sits next to me. Not seeming like he thinks he has any kinds of rights on me like a certain someone thinks.

"Oh nice flowers " he says looking at the now drying white flowers in the tiara .

His gaze then bounces back to me "unfortunately they'll die soon"

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□