-27-

Typing another line she lost her focus once again, "Whatcha thinking about." Propping himself on one elbow Spencer busied himself, his fingers tracing circles on her thighs.

She had slept over the night before, he didn't really mind. The only thing he did mind was Daisy waking him up to study at 3 am, currently still typing as the time hit 7 am. Spider had slept in till 5 despite the soft typing beside him. But by 6:30 he had already grabbed Daisy a coffee and returned, laying beside her lazily.

"Adult stuff. Wouldn't know would you Spence." He winced rolling onto his back dramatically, "..sorry. Just Cash. and her. Amerie is stressing me out." She held her head between her heads taking a shaky breath.

Spider had tensed at the mention of Amerie's name, despising the girl permanently, "What's map bitch done now?" He turned to face her again resuming his circles a little more aggressive than the first time.

"Nothing... yet." She fell back into the sheets, the laptop sliding from her lap. Spider grabbed the device moving it aside as Daisy begun explaining, "Doug did something. Not him specifically- but his moron friends. And he was there. Something to.. someone we know." She wanted to respect Harper, she wouldn't spread rumours of her name.

"What'd he do Daisy?" Spider mumbled softly his fingers moving up from her thighs to her wrists, "Only if you're comfortable." Softly he comforted her as Daisy watched the ceiling fan spin slowly.

"Something that could send him to jail, Spencer." His eyes widened a smidge as he tried to hold his tongue. If Daisy was involved there was nothing he wouldn't do to protect her, "And if this- thing gets out Amerie has the power to send him there. To lock him up." She bit her lip in an attempt to hold back her worried tears.

"Amerie won't say anything I'm sure Daisy, besides Cash is a big boy. He can sort his own stuff out smart girl. Don't get involved with it." He squeezed her hand, narrowing his eyes as she shifted in the sheets.

"I won't, I swear." She kissed his cheek as she stood, "Speaking of Cash, need to see him at home, haven't been for two days."
He groaned in protest hailing himself to the edge of the bed rubbing his face tiredly.

"So responsible." Mumbling under his breath he didn't notice her grow closer again, one hand clutching her laptop. Leaning in she brought her lips to his, entangling her free hand in his shirt a moment, "I suppose that made up for it." He grinned into the kiss as they pulled apart, Daisy winking as she left the room.

****

By the end of the week sitting in SLT's was the last thing Daisy wanted to do. Cash was equally as stressed as her, his leg bouncing underneath the table. Her fingers entangled with his as she tried to calm his nerves sending him a soft smile.

"As teachers, we are meant to teach. But we are also meant to learn. And I have learned something pretty valuable from all of you
in the past week. I am a slut." Daisy's eyes widened at the sentimental as Cash snickered beside her.

"Yes. You're a slut. We're all sluts." Woodsy announced rather dramatically, "So, footage from your little protest has circulated and the press for our school has been positive for once. The Guardian writes, "The kids are all right, Hartley High students protest the resignation of their favorite teacher. Even have a little photo of Joan of Bark in there. So that's lovely."

"So, this won't go on our records?" Daisy's hand shot up eagerly, desperate to rid herself of the protest drama.

"No Daisy. Well, you're all gonna have to get the cleaning bill, but your civil disobedience has captured the hearts of Australia, so well done." She relaxed back into her seat satisfied.

"Okay, that's lovely, but Miss Obah hasn't agreed to come back, Miss." Darren's hand shot up next, Daisy looking towards the door in the distance, Miss Obah clutching a folder.

"Well, I wouldn't say that, Darren." As if on cue, Woodsy opened the door. "Hey. Sorry, I'm here." Daisy laughed at the uneventful entrance, "You said you would wait there until I opened the door."

"I had to get my folder." She added, "You ruined the whole moment." Some of the class snickered as the argueing continued,
"I know. I'm sorry. Hey, I'm back." Daisy clapped her hands as the class cheered with Miss Obah's return.

"Wait, does this mean we have to keep doing SLTs?" Ant's hand shot up before Daisy's, the girl hoping to drop the subject for another.

"Yes, Anthony." With a sigh her hand sunk back under the desk. She didn't mind SLT's it wasn't the end of the world.

"The program was so successful that we will be doing it next term and maybe for the rest of the year." Jojo announced proudly, clasping her hands together.

"Isn't that exciting, Anthony?" Woodsy teased, in her usual tone.

"So, we have covered a lot so far. Consent, STIs, nudes, pleasure, and communication,
how to frame your teacher. That was a joke.
Don't do that again. You know, I could keep punishing you all for what's happened, or we could start a new chapter. I know you might hate this class, but it's important." Daisy had already begun scribbling notes as Miss Obah talked.

"I really hope you'll see that one day. Also, you all need to look out for each other more. These might be the worst years of your lives, but they might also be the best.
and I will get my lovely assistants. Dusty, Spider and Ant to help pack up and prepare for the next lesson." Spider groaned running a hand through his hair.

"Come on, guys, hurry up. You've already wasted enough of my time. You got two more. Over there. Just two more. Yep." Daisy split off from Cash for a moment, pacing to her boyfriend.

"See you tonight Spence." Daisy greeted him as she passed, tilting his frown to a small smirk as she left the class. Her boyfriend behind to clean up the mess, he had caused.