- 4 -

"Daisy!" She spotted the car skipping down the stairs out the back door. Tugging a jumper over her head, she tucked her arms in removing her work shirt as she collapsed into the passenger seat of Cash's car, "How was work Daisy? Make bank?" He snickered as Daisy shoved her uniform into the backseat.

"Yeah, $12 an hour is really fuelling my dreams to be rich." She joked, shimmying out of her pants replaced with a short skirt. The pair were going the most recent gatho the cemetery for the night. Cash wanted to deal and Daisy didn't mind the social interaction.

Changing the music selection as soon as she was comfortable Cash didn't mind his hand hanging out the window lazily, "No hooking up with randos tonight Dais, don't need you bringing diseases into the house." He avoided her swatting hand as music blasted through the speakers.

"Wow, this new SLT's is really influencing you hey Doug." She laughed loudly as he pulled up a fair way from the graveyard. Before sliding from the seat, Cash gripped her wrist softly.

"If.. If something happened at home Daisy, you'd tell me right." She noticed he must of seen the bruises on arms as she changed, it didn't bother her. Only that she wished Cash would leave it, "Daisy." He beckoned again when she remained silent.

"Of course I would mate, don't stress." She plastered a smile on her face as she finally made it out of the car. The short walk to the actual gatho, involved Cash lighting a joint, Daisy plucking in front of his fingers for herself as they stopped at the table.

"Let me know when you want to hit the road hmm?" He pressed a soft hand to her back as he passed sitting on the table quickly approached by some year 9s. Daisy split off noticing Missy beckoning her over.

Bringing the joint to her lips as she moved over, she blew the smoke out before she met Missy's embrace, "Hello my beautiful Daisy flower." She was already tipsy Sasha stumbling similarly.

"Ladies. Beautiful fits as usual." She smiled bringing the joint to her lips again, as Missy begun dancing as the new boy and Amerie started on the dance floor, "I'll catch ya Miss." She blew her a kiss, weaving through drunk greetings finally getting a moment of peace as the sun set.

She sat on the soft grass leaning against the gravestone of some dead local, "This feels insensitive. My apologies." She had almost finished the joint as she mumbled towards the stone her back leaned against.

"Daisy." She jolted forward coughing her lungs up as she inhaled smoke way too fast. A warm hand pressed against her back in an attempt to help her but she shuffled away from him on the grass.

"Fuck Spider! What the fuck- cough the fuck cough." She held her hand to her chest beside her, fingers putting out the joint, "Well? What are you creeping around for." She huffed pulling herself to her feet.

"So- Sorry Daisy. Truly didn't mean to- are you okay?" Watching Spider stutter nervously scared her, "I just noticed you walked off and I wanted to see if you're right?" She nodded slowly, still eyeing him annoyingly.

"What. What are you doing Spider? We aren't together or anything?" Her voice was scrunched in confusion as she tucked her fingers under the hem of her sweater.

"I know Daisy- of course not.. doesn't mean I don't care about you." He spluttered again and stopped himself running a tense hand through his hair. He diverted his gaze for a few more seconds before he spoke, "I was thinking- along the lines of friends?" Her eyes widened as she shuffled back a step.

"Spider I don't know if that's...

"Just friends Daisy. I promise."  He offered her a hand, with a teasing smile. Silence filled the pair before Daisy reluctantly moved forward shaking his hand in some sort of agreement.

"You're being oddly nice." She trialled off when frantic yells filled their ears. Spider hadn't noticed they were still holding hands as Ant's voice shouted, "COPS." Daisy also forgetting took off but was yanked back with Spider's firm grip.

Spider caught her clumsy figure before she could the hit the ground. He tried to ask if she was okay, but it was too late. She untangled her fingers and ran leaving Spider to fend for himself.

"Daisy! What the fuck." She was quite fast he noticed as she met the dark fence further up. It was too tall to climb and frankly Daisy was panicking.

"My record! I'm going to have a criminal record. Oh god." She looked pale as she paced, "Dad's going to kill me. Curse my fucking height." Spider finally caught her dropping to a knee.

"Stop panicking and jump Coopers." Hesitantly again she stepped onto his knee hauling herself over the metal fence. Spider followed after her as they ran, both teens making it home. Daisy faster as she avoided conversation with her new.. friend.