11 - Always You

A/N because im a sucker for childhood bestfriends in love turned strangers turned friends turned lovers

i actually really love this one, someone COOKED here

It happened in a second.

Well maybe not a second, maybe a series of seconds that led to whatever is happening at this moment.

On a random Tuesday at an ungodly hour Jisung was laying in bed, scrolling through the pictures Jeongin clicked for him today. Jeongin insisted that his OOTD was way too good to not be posted, so after a Coffee as bait (which he accepted, obviously) Jisung stood in front of his favourite bagel shop, giving a peace sign while making a funny face to cameraman Jeongin.

The photos were phenomenal off course, he's Yang fucking Jeongin, one the most sought after street photographer in all of NYC. It was something else , or someone that made him sit up straight and hold his phone close to his nose, eyes peeling wide open.

His fingers graze over the screen tenderly, over the face of Lee Minho, so carefully as if it was him he was actually touching. "No way." he whispered, only to himself

"No way" a smile crept to his face "Lee Minho" he whispered again, as if to call out for him.

in the background, it was unmistakably him. How could he ever forget that face? He seemed like he was on his morning coffee run, in an oversized blue hoodie and sweats. His hair was longer now.

It had been what, 10 years now? and now Jisung was thrown into a spiral of memories, and he doesn't even mind it.

____________________

As the school bus remained parked still in the parking lot, a soft afternoon sunlight streamed through the window, casting a warm glow on the peaceful figure nestled against the glass. The fourth-grade boy, with tousled chestnut hair, leaned against the window seat, his head resting against the glass pane.

In the quiet tranquillity of the bus, his chest rose and fell rhythmically with each calm breath, a subtle smile gracing his features. His backpack laid in his lap, served as a makeshift pillow.

"Oi Jisung, look at him." Changbin giggled, pointing to the sleeping Minho beside them. Jisung let out a squeal "Let's tickle him." his eyes shone with playfulness.

"Yes, but where?" He agreed almost instantly "Well mum kisses me and it always makes me tickle."

Changbin frowned, "That's gross." "But it really does tickle, I swear." Jisung was persistent "Okay but I am not kissing anyone." "What noooo why do I have to." he whinned.

"It was your idea," Changbin shrugged.

The tender touch broke through the boy's dreamscape. Jisung's bright eyes and impish grin leaned over from the adjacent seat. With utmost gentleness, he planted a soft, affectionate kiss on his cheek, hoping to rouse him from his reverie.

The boy stirred, eyelids fluttering open slowly, momentarily disoriented. A dazed smile spread across his face, the warmth of the gesture illuminating his features like the morning sun peeking through the clouds.

He blinked away the confusion, grazing his fingers over where his best friend's lips had once been, for only a nano second, but they were there.

He equated the happenings, finally coming to the senses of the occurrence of events.

"Oh my god." he breathed "Oh my god-" shoving his back pack off his lap, he ran brushing across his friends out of the way - only to get out of the bus, hand still glued to where Jisung kissed him.