ten , christmas

christmas ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

THE LOUD CREAKING of luke's bedroom door woke the couple up.

"fuck off jack. i want to sleep." arwen dunn said in a tired and groggy voice, luke agreed and stayed draped over the girl, "guys we want to eat dinner." jack added and luke sat up quickly at the mention of food.

"come on babe. let's eat." luke told arwen who was face down in his mattress.

"fine. is my hair okay?" she asked and he nodded, she still pulled it up into a clip quickly. "what's the point of asking if it's okay?" luke asked her and she shrugged, "well i saw the state of your hair so...yeah!" arwen replied.

jack had already made it down stairs. "there they are!" jim hughes joked and arwen smiled, "we didn't die." she told him and quinn frowned.

arwen elbowed quinn as she walked past him and put herself into a conversation with ellen.

luke and jack laughed at their older brother, "your fault man." jack told him and he shrugged, "i wanted to make new years fun for us-because our parents and luke are gone." quinn said smartly.

"i already invited trevor, and cole." jack said hushed so his dad wouldn't hear the mention of jacks best friends.

whenever jim hughes heard anything about friends that any of the boys had. it would start an interrogation. but they knew that he means well.

quinn nodded, "i'm trying to get vince..." quinn said nervously, "woah-isn't he with their family?" jack asked and he nodded, "yeah but he was advocating that she should be with a family." he said and jack agreed.

luke watched his girlfriend help his mother in full awe.

ellen laughed at something arwen had said as they turned around with mashed potatoes, and gravy fresh off the stove.

"babe, im gonna be honest-i didn't know you could cook." luke said to arwen and she shrugged, "i just don't like doing it." arwen told him and he nodded.

"so, jack who's coming for new years?" arwen asked as she scooted onto the other side of him.

"trevor, cole, and anyone you'd like to invite." "Okay, i'll text a few people." she added and jack smiled, "just give me a warning who-and i'll veto them or not."

IT WASN'T STRANGE anymore.

celebrating christmas at other times was always the thing in both the dunn and hughes households.

sitting around the christmas tree that smelt of evergreen pine needles that one by one dropped to the floor and on the tops of presents.

arwen and luke sat in the love seat together. while jack and quinn sprawled out on the couch making the love seat available to the couple.