- twenty one -

Here's a toast to my real friends
They don't care about the he said, she said.

Here's a toast to my real friendsThey don't care about the he said, she said

"Did you just tell her to be quiet?" Xander asked.

His voice just gave me chills. It felt so calm yet so cold.

"This is my school and she was being disrespectful."

"Do I look like I care? You don't tell her to be quiet. You did nothing when your student was being disrespectful, why bother now?"

"We don't know that. It's all Nathaniel saying to justify his actions. He punched another kid and violence is unacceptable. I will not tolerate this insolence!"

"Where did they fight?" Xander asked.

"In the corridor."

"While coming here, I noticed there are cameras present. I need the footage of the time they were fighting."

"Who are you to order me?" Mr. Davidson asked, visibly angry at Xander.

"Bring the footage. Now."

"Give me your name before I ask security to throw you out. I only called for Nathaniel's family. So who are you?"

"Alexander King. Nathaniel is the younger brother of someone close to me. Nathaniel is like a younger brother to me too." Que the swoon.

I knew it. I made the bestest human my best friend. I wanna give him a hug!

"Alexander King?" I heard Andrew's dad speak in a low and frightening voice.

"Yes. Why? Scared?" Xander asked without even looking at him.

"There's no need to bring the footage. I'm sorry for what my son did." Andrew's dad said hurriedly.

"I'm not sorry." said Andrew.

"Mr. King, please, he doesn't mean that, I know-" before he could complete his sentence, Xander cut him off.

"Mr. Davidson, did you not hear what I said? The footage. Now!" Xander's voice raised at the last word.

"Mr. Sinclair? What do you want me to d-" he stopped as we heard a loud bang.

Xander abruptly rose from his seat, and with a forceful slam of his palm against the table, he sought to silence the room, demanding immediate attention.

"Don't make me repeat myself one more time."

This also made me jump in my seat. But I can also hear two voices in my head.

One saying, 'Go bestie!' and the other saying, 'Damn daddy!'

Not sure if I'm proud of the second voice but damn.