Chapter 8

Should I wear nothing but his hockey jersey? Hmm maybe not. Maybe shorts on underneath? Short shorts. What am I saying and where has this side of me come from. I'm never this outgoing or flirty even. Not even before when I was with my ex or before that. But Vince brings it out in me and I kinda like it.

I hear a knock at the door and my phone buzzes,

VD ❤️: Here Wren.

I run downstairs, being careful not to trip and fall. Once I get to the bottom I take a deep breath and walk over to the back door, I open it and my breath is taken away. Vince is stunning. And in a suit? Yeah wow.

His eyes travel up my body and then he licks his lips. This man I swear.

"You wearing anything under my jersey ducky?"

That's it I need to know what this nickname is all about. I frown and look up to his eyes, "What's the go?"

"What do you mean? I wanted to see you, you came to my..."

"No with the nickname. Why do you call me ducky?" I question.

Vince chuckles and then is he blushing? Yes he's blushing, "It's uh, don't get offended..."

I roll my eyes, "Here we go."

"It's because your a shorty," I go to playfully shove him but he grabs my wrists gently pulling my forward instead, "But I love that about you, so yeah your my ducky. It's just embedded in my brain now."

I can't help but smile, okay that's adorable. We aren't even dating, we've known each other two weeks and he already has a nickname for me. I think I'm in love already. Butterfly's anyway.

"You going to let me in or you just going to continue standing there looking at me with heart eyes?" Vince says interrupting my thoughts.

I chuckle, "Maybe the latter," he laughs aswell, "Kidding!"

I grab his hand and drag him in. Then I notice him turn around and bend down, grabbing a large bag and a small bag, "Did you come straight from the game?"

"After a couple interviews yeah," he blushes again.

"Can I kiss you?" He smiles and nods, bending down to my level I grab his collar of his shirt and bring his lips to mine. He starts to deepen the kiss after a few moments and before I know it we are leaning against the wall both heavily breathing, I gently place my hands on his chest and push him away slightly. He gets the hint straight away pulling back, "Sorry I just..."

He tucks a stray piece of hair behind my ear, "Want to take things slowly?"

"Something like that. Even though I really like kissing you," I say.

He leans down once more and gives me a quick peck before bending down for his things, "Come on Wren lets go upstairs."

I nod and step in front of him to walk up the steps, I turn around and notice him barely being able to fit with the two bags he's carrying side by side, "Do you want me to take a bag?"

He chuckles and shakes his head, "With your clumsiness I'd rather you just focus on yourself please. I got it covered."

"Hey I'm not that bad!" I snap back and he laughs, "Okay maybe a little."