3.

While eating dinner, My papa and I ate our dinner conversation with each other, as my meme sat there, drinking her wine, watching our conversations with each other.

"This meatloaf is amazing, what sauce and meat did you use honey?"

"The meat is from Sunny Market! The sauce is too, I added some more sauce to it, and along with adding a little bit more of a kick I put jalapenos and peppers!"

"Oh wow, I can taste the spice and feel the kick of it in my mouth, it wonderful my love!" My papa said as I ate the last few bites, before eating the peas as well.

"Mhmm, yeah, sure!" My meme said drinking her wine before she got up from the chair, and headed into the kitchen. She grabbed another wine and opened it, but my grandpa stopped her just as she was about to pour it into her cup.

"My dear, that's enough. One glass is enough, along with we were supposed to share it, but you had it all for yourself!" My papa said closing the wine, grabbing it, and putting it right next to him.

"What am I supposed to drink then?"

"Water!" My papa and I said at the same time before they both looked at me.

"Adriana, that's good, you're done with your plate, go ahead and go to bed!"

"Okay!" I said wiping my mouth with the cloth, before heading upstairs to my room. I giggle to myself as I head to grab my diary before writing down everything that just happened.

April 22th, 1945

7:50 pm

'Dear diary, Hello, how are you? this is a first for me, I am so happy that I got something from my parents that is going to help me through this tough time in life. But right now. I just enjoy life and seeing my poor grandma go to shit over this whole problem with my parents. It is the most funny and crazy.

I giggle and laugh to myself, before re-reading what I just writing down. I couldn't believe what I just put down. I quickly ripped out the paper before throwing it away, as I put my diary down and got in bed.

Not long after I fell asleep, I could hear people talking outside the door. I turn around before the door to the room opens up. "Is she asleep?"

"Yes. Fast asleep... your food put her to sleep!" My grandpa said as he closed the door.

"Why did her mother call our friend? This is insane and getting out of hand!"

"Mother Holden, just let her be, it should not be too bad nor will it affect her...Listen... she is just being patient and being herself. I think the diary that you have gifted her will work wonders on her, along with making sure she is writing down her thoughts and feeling the best way of expressing them?"

"To us?"

"To herself and her father... once she crosses that bridge, she will express and come to us when she needs to!"

"But William, I want her"-"Mother Holden! Stop, just stop, look at me, it is things that we can not do or try to do, this is only our granddaughter, not our daughter... this is what William wants to do, this is what we are going to follow as well. Not another word!"

I lay there in bed, thinking about everything my grandpa was telling to my meme about my father. He was right. This was something new and something I was going to handle throughout the following few months.