Chapter 4

At this point it's become a reoccurring thing to wake up at the crack of dawn. No airport trip or run, nope not today. Today was lake day and the group had to leave early. Venus will admit it she's not an outdoors girl but she wanted to get close to Ethan. She took her Bag out into the hall and ran into Trevor. "Trev can you take this down for me please?" She whined, "yeah, just give me a sec V." He replied overwhelmed, He was on the phone with summer.

Venus got a hoodie and pillow to put in the car. She figured they would go in two different cars considering there were gonna be other girls coming. Summer was Trevor's ex, too clingy to be a girlfriend, perfect for off season fling. Amanda was Jack's weekend fling. Venus got her spot comfy and Quinn opened the door across hers. "What are you doing Captain?", "Getting my seat Peeper" He replied smuggling.

Quinn was coming with them, Her, Quinn, Trevor and Summer in one car while Ethan was with Jack, Amanda, and Luke. Summer arrived in her bronco and watched with Venus as The Boy attached the trailer with Jet ski's. As they wrapped it up Amanda arrived. We all finished getting our stuff ready and took off.

Venus sat behind Trevor's seat and Quinn sat in the back with her. Venus put her airpods in and picked up a book she had brought. After a few minutes Quinn yanked her headphone out. "Geez Venus do you wanna go deaf?" He giggled, She turned it down but quinn kept the headphone and put it on. The Smithes

He paused her music and turned to her, "I can't remember a time when you didn't have your nose stuck in a book." "Is that a bad thing?" "No you kind of remind me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast" "Oh really?" "yeah so why don't you let me buy a library". Her stomach did a back flip, maybe two or three. Her brother was rambling on about hockey to Summer and couldn't hear a thing or care enough to notice.

Was Quinn Hughes flirting with her?

"Are you flirting with me Captain?" "No I'm suggesting i have enough facial hair to be the beast" He giggled getting closer. Venus couldn't believe it, she had chased him for years and for the most part he knew and now is when he flirts with her? In that instant her mood switched. She took her headphone back and continued on with her reading. Angrily but continued.

Quinn noticed quickly and decided to let it be. In his mind she was Morning star, she couldn't stay mad at him if he tried. He knew what to do to make her smile.

 He knew what to do to make her smile

Huggyduck: Photo dump including my favorite Zegras @Planet_of_loveView comments

View comments

Venus got the notification and clicked on it, She knew that Quinn had taken that picture when he took her birthday shopping last year. She tried to hide her smile but couldn't. She looked up at him and slapped him son the chest. "I hate that you do things that don't make me stay made at you" "you love me morning star" "you wish captain"

The rest of the 3 hour drive was full of laughs, bickering, and a McDonald's stop. They all met up at a McDonald's to eat breakfast. Watching Professional Hockey players devour high calorie foods will never not be surprising to Venus.

Arriving at the lake house was nostalgic, even though they go every year it's still just childhood memories filling it. The walls covered in pictures of the young Hughes boys, even some including Venus and Trevor.

The boys unloaded the car while Venus showed the girls around. There was 4 rooms. This trip though meant Trevor and Summer to one, Jack and Amanda to another, leaving 4 people and two rooms, The reasonable option would be Venus share a room with Luke or Quinn. But Venus would rather die, she convinced them to sleep in one room and she got one to herself. Jack and Trevor unloaded the jet skis and parked them on the dock. Everyone else changed into their swimsuits. The second Venus walked down stairs she felt eyes lay on her.

Ethan's jaw dropped but those weren't the only eyes on her. Quinn's gaze was glued to her body. Jack really did have good taste in swim suits. Venus grew boobs, worked out, had naturally tan skin, she knew she looked good.

She walked over to Ethan, "you ready for a swim?". He looked as though he was starstruck, "wait up I'm inflating my floatie" Luke objected.

They all headed outside Ethan basically being walked by Venus and Quinn not to far behind watching as the boy gushed over Venus. Jack and Trevor were too distracted with their own girls to even care. And Luke had not a clue what was going on. Venus sat on the edge of the dock applying sunscreen and asked Ethan to help her. Quinn stood behind with Luke watching Edwards hands on Venus mad him jealous? No no that couldn't be.

His eyes burned right through them watching as Ethan hopped in the water and Venus splashed him. Ugh he thought to himself, but he had a plan.

Quinn hopped on a jet ski making a hard turn and throwing water everywhere. Now they both got splashed. Venus got annoyed, ignored him , and continued to flirt with Ethan.

Quinn watched and figured he needed to come up with another plan. With Quinn Hughes that's never a good idea. He Parker the jet ski and suggested they play chicken. They agreed and Quinn got on Jack's shoulders while Ethan got on Trevor's. Venus shook her head and sighed. Summer and Amanda cheered and clapped as the boys tussled, Quinn eventually dropping Ethan.

"What has gotten into him lately" Venus asked arms crossed, "I don't know but I'm hungry" Like replied, "When aren't you?"