Chapter Nine

"THOMAS," I CALLED OUT as I ran behind him outside the hospital building.

He was walking so quickly- holding a small white polythene bag containing a few drugs- and I had changed out of that hideous hospital gown.

"Thomas!" I yelled, since he didn't answer me the first time.

"What is it?" He yelled back at me as he turned around to face me.

On seeing his angered face, tears slowly built up in my eyes, "Why are you mad at me?"

Thomas walked over to where I stood and pulled me into a warm hug, "I'm sorry."

"I don't want you to be mad at me," I said as I wiped my tears.

"I won't be, I promise. Okay?" He kissed my forehead, "Let's go into the car."

As he held my hand, he took a long stare at my wrist before walking with me to his car. I sat down and he shut the door, leaving me alone for about ten seconds before he joined me at the other side.

The bag I took to work the previous day was beside me on the car seat and as for the take-out, it wasn't anywhere within my sight. It would have spoiled anyway.

Thomas closed the car door as he settled in and held the base of steering wheel, not bothering to start the car.

"Wendy, why are you doing this to yourself?" He turned to look at me.

To become a normal lady and a normal girlfriend for you.

He sighed, "I think I might need to have a word with your sister."

"You can't talk to my sister," I softly laughed, "You know she hates your guts."

Like crazy.

"She might despise me but she's surely going to pay attention to whatever I have to say when I let her know that you've been starving yourself!" Thomas yelled.

"Ah, fuck," he let out a loud sigh, resting his head on the steering wheel.

"Don't call her," I said to him.

She was going to kill me if she found out the cause of my vaginal synopsis or whatever the doctor called it.

"What do you mean? I can't handle this. Am I going to have to start keeping tracks of your feeding? You're twenty-two for Christ's sake! You're not a child!"

I thinned my lips.

"And we've got that group date coming up tomorrow but you look so lean. How will I look if I present you in front of other ladies who are stunning and NOT underweight?"

"I'm sorry," I said, toying with my fingers, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry's not enough, Wendy. Fix this before tomorrow."

Thomas started the car and drove off in silence.

"Your car smells like pineapples," I said.

He placed his hand on my thigh but never said a word in response to me.

"Thomas, I'm sorry," I added.

"I heard you the first time."

"I promise, I'll look better before tomorrow."

"And how are you going to do that- you know what? I don't even want to know. Just do as you've promised."

"I will," I assured, "You're not mad at me, are you?"

"Babe, I can't think straight right now. My girlfriend's been starving herself for three months till she became so lean and I never noticed!" He turned to me, "That's crazy as fuck."

Wendy's Mirrorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें