two.

𝐤𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐞 𝐣. 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐬
𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝙱𝙴𝚁 || 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴, 𝙻𝙰.

 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐬𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝙱𝙴𝚁 || 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴, 𝙻𝙰

-

         "College applications, how they looking?"

"I have applied to six so far. I have applied to three that I am really interested in, then three that I have as backup plans." I sat in the office with my guidance counselor.

"With your grades and involvement, on top of your SAT score you could get into just about any college that you want to. What's your dream one?" Mrs. Banks asked.

"Xavier."

"Oh you wanna be close to home?" She raised an eyebrow as I slowly nodded. "Why is that exactly?"

"I don't like being away from home. I wanna be able to stay close to my parents and friends but also have my own space a little bit." I explained.

I had a very close relationship with my parents. I mainly wanted to stay because my mother was getting sicker and sicker. She struggled with depression my entire life but on top of that this recent year she was diagnosed with stage three cervical cancer.

I knew that she still had time to beat it but me being me, I always prepare for the worst. So I didn't want to be far away at college and she passes away.

"Are you still trying to major in Human Resources? I remember that's what we had discussed last year. But you know things change." She asked opening up some sort of binder that was filled with loads of paper.

"Yes ma'am."

My entire life I had wanted to be a business woman. I wanted to get into recruiting and diversity management after pursuing my degree in college.

"Well it sounds like you've gotten it all figured out, Kacie." She laughed before pulling out a piece of paper from the binder. "Here are some more scholarships that you can apply to. And feel free to stop by if you have any questions or need a reference."

"Thank you." I smiled and got up from her chair, pulling my headphones over my head immediately and starting my walk to the class that I was missing.

The song that was playing through my beats headphones was 'Crooked Smile' by J. Cole. I probably wouldn't get through the entire song being that my walk to composition class was only on the second floor.

I got to my class in less than three minutes, handing the teacher my pass and taking a seat in the back next to Neno. I would sit next to him and Khayri would sit behind me. I took the headphones off and looked at Neno with a slight head tilt.