five.

𝐤𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐞 𝐣. 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐬
𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝙱𝙴𝚁 || 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴, 𝙻𝙰.

 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐬𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝙱𝙴𝚁 || 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴, 𝙻𝙰

-

"Daddy what time are we planning on going hiking?" I asked as he laid in bed cuddling with my mother who was asleep in his arms.

"One."

Oh fuck no.

"See you didn't tell me that yesterday. I have a tutoring appointment scheduled for today at two that is very important." I lied and he just sighed and shook his head.

"It's fine, Kacie." He dismissed it but the tone in his voice just made me want to cry, he sounded and looked so sad.

"Dad, I'm sorry. I didn't know the time before I said yes yesterday and this session is very important so I am sorry—"

"Just go, sweetie." He nodded.

I looked at my mother who rested peacefully then back up at him as he rubbed her shoulder gently as she slept.

I felt bad but this hiking trip was never something that I wanted to do anyway. I only felt bad because I could see that my father was living my mother's life through me. But for once I had to prioritize myself, this was my first time ever going on a date.

Although I had never been in a real relationship in my seventeen years of living does not make me clueless and blind to the male species. This was definitely a date and I could tell that he liked me. I wouldn't admit that to Khayri until Neno told me himself.

I walked out of my parents' room and went into mine starting to get dressed. I put on simple black cargo pants with a cropped tee along with white air forces.

Since we weren't doing anything but eating ice cream I wasn't going to do too much but I was still going to look cute nonetheless because that's just how I am.

I get cute to go to Walmart.

Once I finished getting stressed I FaceTimed Khayri to show him my outfit and pick between two pieces of jewelry.

"Kha, should I wear the gold or the silver?" I asked once he answered the phone, nothing but his bonnet in his camera.

"The gold fasho," He yawned and adjusted the camera showing his eyes that looked low as if he were sleep or really high. "Where you goin?"

"To go get ice cream." I kept the camera up as I put the gold pendant around my neck.

"You doing all this to get ice cream?"