sixteen.

𝐤𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐞 𝐣. 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐬
𝙳𝙴𝙲𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 || 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴, 𝙻𝙰.
-

"So you just went off?"

Neno sighed as we sat in the booth of the private karaoke lounge that we were in, "Yes, them niggas was trying me."

"So what did your coach say?" I asked.

"My temper around them has been a reoccurring problem and he said the next time I lash out, whether it's a game or a practice, that he's going to suspend me from playing for however long he feels."

"I know those boys irk but keep your act together and just focus on you. The last thing you would want is to be suspended your senior year." I said watching him just sigh and lean his head on my shoulder.

"I'm tired of basketball."

"Are you tired of basketball or are you just tired of the team?"

"I can't tell yet," He breathed out before leaning up to kiss me. "Enough with my issues, we came here to have a good time. What's a song you know word for word?"

"Anything by Drake." I laughed and he just nodded.

He handed me the microphone as he typed in a song, and abruptly I heard the beat from 'Over' by Drake aggressively come in loud as hell. I immediately smiled and jumped up from out of the booth I was sitting in.

"I know way too many people here right now that I didn't know last year, who the fuck are y'all?" I rapped into the microphone, smiling as Neno recorded me.

We were obviously out at a karaoke lounge that Neno had found. It was very modernly furnished and also offered a ton of different music options. What I liked was that it was different rooms, and we just had a room to ourselves.

With everything I had going on at home on top of my school stress I just needed something fun. Anything to take my mind off of the fact that it was now December and I didn't even know if my mother would make it to live until Christmas.

"Y'all know them? Well fuck it, me either." I continued to rap as the song went on, getting out of my thoughts.

The entire time I was there most of the songs I requested to play were Drake songs. Most of Neno's songs consisted of Ashanti, Brandy, 3LW, and a little NBA Youngboy here and there. But it was safe to say that he was an old head.

"Sing this with me," He smiled showing off the infamous braces that I loved, handing me the second mic as 'So Into You' by Tamia started to play.

"I think you're truly something special." I smiled widely, singing as the song came in without looking at the lyrics on the screen that was above us.

"What you know bout this?"

"Boy you not the only old head." I playfully rolled my eyes and continued to terribly sing to the song as he joined in.

As the song continued on we ended up dancing with each other rather than singing. He held me closely while smiling and staring into my eyes, moving the both of us with the beat of the song. I couldn't help but to do anything but smile and laugh being that the butterflies in my stomach were flying around rapidly.