Blue

Once upon a time, there were three dragons who kept the world small.

They didn't have names like Bynabuu, Kanjin, or Roah. They had names like Age, Moment, and Up. No one knows their names because the dragons lost the world and got stuck in a big blue hole. A blue hole that looks like the world as it looks from up in space.

How did they lose the world and end up in the blue hole?

A long, long time ago the three dragons wanted to see if the world could get smaller, so they pushed on it. They pushed and squeezed and pinched and then they pushed some more. Then all at once, an animal popped out. An animal as big as all the dragons put together. The dragons saw that the animal had a million heads. Each head was different. Some heads had beaks and some had trunks. Some had mouths and some had suction cups. There were wings and legs and fins and arms. There were many more kinds of mouths, and many more eyes, and many more noses or gills. There were things for listening and things for making noise. There were things for tasting and touching and seeing and even things for smelling. This was the First Creature.

The First Creature didn't know its name, so it decided to make one up. When it tried to say its name, it found it had to make all the noises it could. That was because the name it made up was really hard to say.

The sound was so loud that the dragons got mad. They thought they could just pull it apart and then it would die and go away. The dragons grabbed the First Creature and pulled. They pulled and yanked and tugged and then they pulled some more.

Just when the First Creature broke into lots of pieces, the world flew away. The pieces of the First Creature landed on the world and became all the living creatures you see. The dragons tried to grab the world again, but the world was really smart. It left its shadow behind and when the dragons touched the blue shadow, they were trapped inside.

All the animals in the world are part of the First Creature. Even you came from the First Creature.

A day will come when we will move into space. A day will come when all the animals will leave too. When all the animals are gone from the world, the dragons in the blue shadow of the world will be free.