Part 29 - OLLIE THE BEAR

"Wait-wait! You did what!" I exclaimed

I sat wide-eyed at Arthur as he told me something he was keeping a secret.

"You heard me"

"Fuck off you did not!"

"Do you think I'm joking?"

"No, but Im in shock let a girl be"

"So..."

"You asked her to move in with you? And she said yes!"

"I did just say that..so yes"

"Holy shit!"

"Okay I get its exciting and all but people here are looking at us weird"

"Okay and?...They don't know that you just asked your girlfriend to move in to your new apartment with you!"

Not something I expected to here today but Arth had been keeping it a secret from me for the past week. Apparently its been bugging him that I didn't know so he had to spill.

Just like the orange juice he spilt down his beige shirt less than 5 minutes ago..

-

Today I was mainly hanging out with Arthur. I felt like we needed some one on one bestie time. And I wasn't going to be one of those girls who leave their friends in the dust after getting a boyfriend.

Arthur's been real the minute I met him...when I tapped him on the shoulder scaring the shit out of him.

Good times..

"okay so where next?" He turned to me as he asked.

Look I love London and all but I expected more things to do around here, or am I just stupid...

"I dunno...search something up?"

We ended up just going to an arcade.

I must admit I was extremely good at this. Or maybe I just have a gambling trait...maybe!

"Arthur look how many tickets I just won!"

He quickly left the game he was about to pay for and checked on her to see she had won 200 tickets.

"I leave you for 10 seconds and you win 200 tickets!"

"Maybe you not being around makes me win!"

"I see how it is" He walked off back to his game.

And I went back to the same game I was on.

It was the game that had coins stacked up and needed to drop your coin at the right moment to get it closer to tipping off the ledge. There were small cards in the stacks that where worth more tickets than the coins..

Like some had 200, 350, 410, 580 and even 600 tickets on them. And my goal was to get as many of them as I could before rage quitting.

"Oh my god! Why!"

"What happened" Arthur called out, still concentrating on his game.

"It fell sideways instead of forward! What a stupid game" I said standing up moving to Arthur to watch him

"How's it going over here?"

"Go away, I don't want you to see how bad I am at this"

"Dang didn't realise you were this bad at shooting balls into a hoop. It's literally like two metres away from you!"

"You try!" Stepped aside still mid game, I shuffled to his spot.

Grabbing the next ball that fell down. Look I wasn't a basket ball player..I've always disliked the sport but an arcade game? Surely thats not as difficult!