Chapter 13: Swelling In Her Brain

Lisa could not bring himself to say it, but Jennie certainly was his baby.

Her hair, curly eyelashes… Everything about her was as adorable as a baby that it made his heart turn to mush.

“Do you think I wrote him a love letter?” Jennie handed him her phone. “Take a look!”

It was a video she took before going on the show. All four documents were identical song manuscripts. The copy she gave Kai was no different from the other copies.

Lisa let her go. The fury surging in his dark eyes calmed down gradually. He even seemed a little guilty.

Jennie knew that he could decide for himself. This bit of evidence was only enough for her to gain a short period of trust.

Never mind. Time would prove it all. Now that she was reborn, she had plenty of time.

“Shall we eat?” Jennie knew his habits well. Lisa was unable to eat and sleep peacefully once he was agitated. He would throw himself into work with all the fury in his heart.

His habits almost ruined his life.

She held Lisa’s hand. However, the moment she held it, she discovered it was injured, and he did not bother to disinfect and bandage it!

“Lisa, what happened? Does it hurt?” asked Jennie.

Lisa said nothing. He cut his palm with his phone when Jennie nearly picked Kai. All he felt was fury and defeat but not the slightest pain.

Jennie was heartbroken. She went to get the first aid box to take care of the wound.

Lisa obediently reached his hand out and let Jennie bandage it. He did not even frown when she sprayed the alcohol on the wound.

At that time, Butler Chen came over with tea. Despite his dislike for Jennie, he could not help feeling happy that she could convince Lisa to tend to his wounds.

Lisa had been bleeding ever since he came back. Seulgi and the butler both tried, but neither of them succeeded in making Lisa stop and tend to his wound.

Jennie recalled that this injury got infected in her past life and took a long time to recover. This injury and his foul mood caused his health to deteriorate. This time, she was not letting it happen.

Since he was so cooperative, Jennie rewarded him with a kiss on his forehead and said, “That’s more like it.”

Lisa suddenly raised his head with a light in his eyes.

Butler Chen was stunned. Did she think she was coaxing a cat, dog or kid?

Lisa shockingly did not stop her.

“Butler Chen, can you prepare dinner? I’ve been famished after working all day,” said Jennie.

Was Jennie staying for dinner? She never once ate with Lisa!

Butler Chen patted his face to check if he was dreaming before he left to prepare dinner.

Although Jennie was disfigured, if she could change her ways and make Lisa happy, she was doing good.

Fortunately, Lisa had hurt his left hand, so he had no problems eating.

Jennie placed food in his bowl as she watched him eat.

She finally realized that even though Lisa ate quickly, he looked elegant and was innately dignified.

A part of Kai’s image was a product of mass production to fit the public’s aesthetic preference, so he was only pretending to be elegant and could not compare to Lisa’s aura.

She felt that all the water she had drunk in her past life had caused swelling in her brain.