Chapter 26: Use His Popularity

“Not anymore.” Lisa stopped Seulgi from entering the villa.

Seulgi did not oppose his orders and turned to leave.

Lisa walked over gently and saw that the girl was still on the couch. She had merely adjusted herself to make herself comfier. The moment she saw him, she raised her head and smiled.

Her eyes looked bright and starry as she smiled at him.

After checking several times, he was finally certain that he was not mistaken. He was not dreaming either. Jennie genuinely was at home. She was obediently waiting for him to come back.

Lisa felt so touched that his heart brimmed with contentment. It felt as though something was scratching it and making it feel tingly.

“Lisa, you’re back!” Jennie handed the glass of juice to him. “I was waiting for you to come back for dinner. I’m famished.”

“I’ll come home earlier in the future.” Lisa took the juice and held the cup so tightly that his fingertips turned white before they flushed red.

After some time, he put down the glass and reached his hand to Jennie’s ear, and pushed some stray hair behind it.

Jennie smiled as she gazed at him. Lisa could see his reflection in her eyes. In just a minute, he had already decided which kindergarten to send their second child.

***

Kai kept waiting but Jennie did not turn up.

Since he could not lower himself to contact Jennie, he told his talent agent to call Nancy.

Nancy was planning on taking the new song from Jennie today. Initially, she intended to show up after she had apologized to Kai, but she immediately went over when Kai called.

“Kai, isn’t Jennie here yet?” Nancy found this odd. Considering how much Jennie liked Kai, how could she be late?

Unless Lisa had stopped Jennie from leaving the villa.

“I’ll ask her.” Nancy pulled out her phone.

Jennie neither answered the phone nor replied to her text messages.

There was no way Nancy could get a hold of Jennie.

Kai was a busy man. After he wasted so much time waiting for Jennie, she had stood him up. He was instantly pissed. “Nancy, are you sure it was Jennie’s idea to see me?”

“It was definitely her idea.” Nancy detected something from the look in his eyes. “Do you think I wanted to see you so that I could rub off your fame?” served as the original host for this chapter's release on.

Lights flashed and the sound of snapping could be heard the moment she finished her sentence.

Nancy and Kai both hurriedly raised their hands and covered their faces.

“There’s a paparazzi.” Kai’s agent instantly realized what was going on, so he rushed over to protect Kai.

Nancy was shocked too. “How could this happen? No one knew about the meeting!”

Would Kai’s agent believe her? She glared at Nancy angrily before she helped Kai leave.

Nancy explained anxiously, “Kai, Kai, I really didn’t intend on using you!”

Kai looked angry after he walked out.

Kai’s talent agent, Hu Lai, said hurriedly, “I really didn’t expect Nancy to resort to this! I will talk to the paparazzi and buy those pictures.”

Kai looked furious as he put on his mask and shades carefully.

It was one thing if Shi Jin did not show up, but how could Nancy attempt to rub off his popularity?

Hu Lai said, “Kai, you have already helped Nancy a lot, so it’s no problem for her to work in the music industry. I think you should keep a distance from her now.”

Nancy was just Kai’s cousin, so she was unable to help Kai with his popularity and there was nothing else they could exploit from her. To a certain degree, she was not as useful to Kai as Jennie was.