two; the airport tiredness

"Little Swift, wake up, we have to go in twenty minutes," Selena said, shaking the young girl.

"Let me sleep!" Quinn groaned, burying her face deeper into the pillow.

Quinn fought against Selena as the brunette pulled her up and off the bed. Selena knew how unresponsive and grumpy they girl could be when woken up so she was prepared. She dragged Quinn over to the bathroom and closed the door after leaving the room.

"I'm sitting on your bed, don't come out until you get ready! If you're not out in ten minutes, I'm gonna dump ice water all over you!" Selena threatened.

Quinn replied with a "fuck you" but still went on to brush her teeth knowing that Selena wasn't lying. Back when Quinn was in third grade, Selena and Taylor dumped ice-cold water all over her when she didn't get up for school after thirty minutes of them trying to pull her out of bed. Still trying to stay sleepy, Quinn put minimal effort into brushing her teeth and hair. She didn't bothering using make-up or changing her clothes.

"Selly, I'm sleepy!" Quinn whined, as she fell back onto her bed.

"I've got her," Austin interjected, as he came in.

He carried the small girl to the car as she laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. The sun wasn't even up yet and of course her dad made them get in the car four hours before the departing time. The whole car ride there, Quinn stayed curled up next to Selena, leaning her full body weight against the brunette. The girl felt a lot lighter and no one but Selena seemed to notice, so she didn't say anything.

"Babe, we're here," Selena said, gently shaking the girl.

Quinn angrily muttered curse words under her breath, which quickly stopped when she saw the look on her mother's face. She muttered a quiet "sorry" before following behind Andrea to the check in area. While Scott and Austin went to check in all the suitcases, the three girls waited by the side. Andrea wrapped her arms around her daughter and rocked them back and forth while Quinn closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep again.

"Come on, let's go to our gate and then we can all get breakfast," Scott said, walking back with Austin. 

Quinn slowly trudged behind everyone as they waited in long lines for about an hour. For how early it was in the morning, there were too many people. After they made it through security check with no one noticing them, Quinn thought they were in the clear, but she was so wrong. As they tried to find their gate, a group of girls came over and asked for pictures with Selena, which she happily gave them, but it grabbed the attention of more people. They were all stuck inside the crowd which had surrounded them. Quinn hid behind her mother as bright lights started to flash at them and the sound of people talking became overwhelming.

"Gosh, I should have said yes when Taylor asked if we wanted to fly using her private plane," Andrea mutters.

After about half-an-hour, security came by and broke up the group of people and strayed them away. Quinn sat curled up in her seat, leaning on her dad's shoulder as she tried to sleep. Andrea was talking to Taylor, who was requesting for her sister, but looking at Quinn who was "sleeping", Taylor would have to wait another six hours. Austin and Selena went to pick up food from McDonalds a couple minutes back, but with the lines piling up, it might take them another fifteen minutes.

"We're back!" Austin announces, as he and Selena put down the bags of food.

Everyone took their food and Selena looked over at Quinn who only had a singular hash brown in her hands. Everyone else had some kind of sandwich, omelette, or pancake, but Quinn didn't have an actual meal.

"She's not a big fan of breakfast," Austin clarifies, after looking at Selena's confusion.

"That's a cute hoodie," Selena said, trying to start a conversation.

Quinn looked down at the familiar white hoodie and quickly slipped it off of herself. She stuffed it in her bag, leaving Selena confused again. Andrea leaned over to Selena and told her about the history of the hoodie in a whispered tone. Selena rubbed the small girl's back and gave Andrea a small smile.

"Mom, you still have time to drop me at Madison's house or I could call them to pick me up," Quinn reminded.

"You're coming, Quinn, this isn't up for discussion. It will be good for you to see Taylor again," Andrea said, in a tone which made Quinn just nod her head.

Everyone gathered their things as they heard the announcement for boarding on the speaker. After twenty minutes, they were able to go in and find their seats. Austin and Scott sat in the two-seater on the side while Andrea, Selena, and Quinn sat in the three-seater in the middle. Quinn shivered at the freezing temperature of the plane while fishing out the white hoodie to warm her up. After she slipped it on, Quinn was out like a light.

"She's really sleepy today, huh?" Selena said, looking at the sleeping girl.

"I just hope she gets along well with Taylor," Andrea sighs.

"I understand Quinn's point of view, more than angry, she's scared to meet Taylor again. Taylor was 25 then and now she's 34, she's matured a lot more and she know better now, she'll just have to prove that to Quinn," Selena says.

"I know, I hope she gives Taylor a chance. Taylor feels horrible for what she did and she really wants to make things right with Quinn, but I doubt Quinn will give her a chance," Andrea adds.

Once the announcement that the plane was about land played throughout the whole flight, Andrea woke up from the slumber she was in and woke up the other two girls. Scott was reading a digital newspaper he had downloaded while Austin was playing games offline on his phone, which of course Quinn downloaded for long road trips.

"Great, we're here," Quinn sighs, rolling her eyes.

"Quinn, you have to be nice, okay?" Andrea warns.

"She's changed a lot, she's a lot more mature now, just give her a chance," Selena adds.

"I'm not going to act like I like her or I miss her, but I guess, I won't be rude to her," Quinn says.

"That's good enough," Andrea replies, helping Quinn into the aisle to get out.

They all walk off the plane and the zig-zag tubes connecting the plane to the airport and into the unfamiliar environment.

"Why are we going this way? Everyone's going that way," Quinn asks, as she follows her family.

 "Taylor's car is parked in a different area and all our luggage is brought there. It's to avoid the paparazzi and make it faster," Andrea answers.

As they headed out, Quinn saw a two black cars and two security guards standing in front of one of the doors. They opened the door and Quinn looked down and saw someone step out, someone with black high heels. Quinn closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she felt her brother's hand rub her back reassuringly.

After nine years.