twelve; mother

"Hi baby," Taylor said, as Quinn opened her eyes.

"Fuck!" Quinn muttered, jumping up from the bed.

She looked over to see Taylor in the bathroom who just finished combing her hair and was walking towards her. Quinn rubbed her eyes open and sat up, letting Taylor hug her as she leaned into Taylor.

"Wanna bake something?" Taylor asking, stumbling over her words, scared of the offer being rejected.

"I'll be down in a bit," Quinn said.

Taylor nodded and left, closing the door behind her. Quinn quickly got ready, picking out her outfit for the day, brushed her teeth, and combed her hair. She walked downstairs to see Taylor getting out ingredients like flour, eggs, and baking soda.

"Cookies?" Taylor asked.

Quinn nodded her head and walked over, helping Taylor gather all the ingredients from the fridge and pantry. Taylor mixed together the dry ingredients with water while Quinn cracked an egg, well attempted to.

"Ew," Quinn muttered, as the eggshell fell into the bowl.

Taylor laughed and carefully picked out the shell and threw it away before mixing it again. Quinn sat on the counter as she watched her mother mix together the ingredients.

"I'm gonna go pre heat the oven," Taylor said.

By the time Taylor came back, Quinn had a bowl of raw mix and was casually snacking on it. As soon as Taylor came, Quinn playfully hid it, pretending to not know what happened to a good chunk of the actual batter.

"Quinn! You're going to get a stomachache!" Taylor exclaimed.

"How do you know?" Quinn retorted.

"Because it happened the last time we did this," Taylor said, softly.

"The last time?"

"Yeah, you were five."

"Tell me more,"

"Tay, Tay, Tay! I want cookies!" Quinn  whined.

"Darling, it's three in the morning, how about we bake this evening?" Taylor asked, trying to get her daughter to sleep.

"No, right now!"

After fifteen minutes of arguing, Taylor gets up and carries her daughter and they both make their way to the kitchen. She sets Quinn on the counter as she starts to get out all the ingredients.

"Don't move, okay? I'm going to heat up the oven," Taylor says.

By the time taylor came back, she saw her daughter's face full of the brown batter as the girl quickly hid her hand behind her back.

"Quinn!" Taylor exclaimed, playfully.

Taylor went to pick up her daughter and the next thing she knows, there was batter all over her shirt and Quinn was giggling like crazy. Taylor playfully rolled her eyes before quickly turning off the oven and going upstairs to give her daughter a bath and take one herself.

"I did not!" Quinn exclaimed.

"You did, you were so upset I didn't let you eat it and you smeared it all over me, we both ad to take a bath at four in the morning," Taylor laughed.

Quinn looked over at the batter of cake and then back at Taylor before putting on a mischievous smirk.

"No, Quinn, don't you dare!" Taylor exclaimed, running backwards.

Quinn made sure to turn off the oven before quickly dipping her hand into the batter and charging at Taylor, who was now running away from the kitchen. Quinn caught up and wiped her hand on Taylor's shirt, smearing it with batter.

"Quinn!" Taylor groaned, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Sorry," Quin laughed, walking up the stairs.

A couple minutes later, Quinn came back downstairs with a different pair of clothes and her hair wet. She walked over to the kitchen and cleaned up the batter from the floor.

"Sorry but I used up all the hot water. You should take a bath though... mom,"

Taylor smiled as she heard the words that she never thought she'd hear. She stood there in shock and happiness as her daughter finally called her "mom". After almost twenty years, her daughter called her "mom" for the first time.