Chapter 11 - Time To Tell

I woke up and walked out in the kitchen. Ringo was there. He said “good morning” and smiled at me. I answered him with my sleepy voice. He looked me deep into the eyes as usual and said: “The boys will be here in an hour, John and Paul wanted to show me and George some songs, and also we in the band want to talk to you. So it will be like a small relaxed meeting, hope you don´t mind?.” I don’t mind at all you are all really funny and nice guys I answered him. I realised the newspaper wasn´t on the table so I went to the door to pick it up. I read the headline on my way back to the kitchen and my still hot coffee:

BEATLES  TO THE  U.S

John, George, Paul and Ringo most known as The Beatles will be going to The U.S and they will appear on a tv-show called The Ed Sullivan Show……

I read the headline again and again. I´s them but no, it can´t be.. or can it? Under the headline it was a rather small picture (the picture is linked) . I looked at it:

Oh my… it´s them. George, Paul, John and Ringo!!!!!!!! I started to scream!  “What is it?” Ring asked me with a slightly scared voice. I turned the newspaper and showed him the headline. Is that you?? Is that you, Paul, John and George? Are you The Beatles? Oh I get it now, this was why you always said: “don´t do that it can end up in the newspaper” or “don´t tell anyone they might spread it to the news”. Ringo just looked at me with a smile. Yep you know this is why we wanted to talk to you, we… KNOCK KNOCK. The two knocks on the door interrupted Ringo´s sentence. John, Paul and George stepped into the room. Oh well it´s not every day a normal girl like me have all the member of The Beatles in her kitchen! I said just looking at them. All of the three boys looked at Ringo. “Don´t look at me, she saw the newspaper” Ringo said and showed them the newspaper. “Oh okay let´s go to the living room and sort all of this out” John said.

 Ringo and George sat down in the sofa with me and John and Paul took two chairs from the kitchen. “So…..” Paul started. “We didn´t want to tell you before we knew we could trust you. And honestly we thought you already knew all about us and that you just acted a bit stupid just to be with us.” All of the boys looked at me. You know guys it´s okay but how could I know about you? I don´t have any friends or don’t even own a radio, but don’t think that I will start to treat you like superstars now… George started to laugh and John smiled. “Hey L, I want two sandwiches and a cup of coffee” Ringo said as he showed a big smile. Oh you! Go and get your own coffee, I said trying to sound and look serious but I couldn’t hold it back, I started to laugh. We all started to laugh I turned my head and saw Paul wasn’t laughing. He looked at me. We looked into each other’s eyes and I saw what he wanted. Now was the time to tell. I stopped laughing and my face became serious.

 Lads, there´s something I want to tell you. “What´s the matter  L?”. Ringo asked, slightly worried about my serious face. I need to tell you some things. About me and…. Paul. All of the boys looked at Paul. “Ohhhh is this the Leah McCartney we´re sitting in front of!”  John said with a grin. No please John this is not the time for jokes. John understood and kept his mouth shut.. I just want to, or me and Paul just want you guys to know that we´ve met before. All of the boys remained quiet. Paul continued. “Do you guys remember when we were at that party at Peter´s place? I was on my way home and met Leah. She looked so pretty so I pretended to be lost to get her in bed”. What? So you weren’t lost, I asked a bit angry, you just wanted to sleep with me?. “No and yes, I knew exactly where I was because Ringo lived in the same house. And yes I just wanted to sleep with you because you looked so beautiful. You took me to your apartment but on the way up in the stairs I changed my mind because I didn´t want to hurt you. And then, after I wrote that note I left as soon as you´d fallen asleep, just because I didn´t want a headline like “Beatles Paul with a mysterious women” to be in the newspaper the next morning.” Everybody stared at him. “I´m sorry Leah” . I just nodded my head and didn´t know what to say. “Maybe you two should talk in privet” George said a bit quietly. “Yes that would be good” John filled in and Ringo nodded in agreement. We´ll leave you two here and go out, come and get us when you are done talking. They all went out, it was just me and Paul left in the apartment.