Interlude

NEWS | CELEBRITY NEWS

FlixGo President Fred Archer divorced wife of 3 years

Published by Liza Martin, February 10, 2024 10:30AM EST

Fred Archer announced in an Instagram post on Friday that he and his wife are divorced after 3 years of marriage.

The 25-year-old son of late media magnate Connor Archer shared that he and Jo Archer, 26, have decided to "amicably separate". The divorce was finalized in late December.

"I will always look back on our years together with fondness, and she will always remain my best friend," he said in the statement.

Jo and Fred Archer at 2022 Montgomery Ball. FRED ARCHER/INSTAGRAM

He mentioned that the decision was made mutually, and that they have nothing but love and respect for each other.

"I have been incredibly lucky to have her through the toughest moments of my life, but we have also discovered that we both are growing apart. We believe that the best decision for both of us was to move forward as separate people, but we will always remain a family," he added.

In the Instagram post, Fred also shared a never-before-seen photograph of his rarely seen ex-wife, presumably from their wedding day.

Jo Archer

Jo Archer. FRED ARCHER/INSTAGRAM

The couple reportedly first met in college and grew closer during his father's undisclosed health crisis in 2018. They married in a quiet wedding during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. "It felt silly to wait for another moment as we live through these uncertain times," Fred wrote about their decision to wed in his announcement post in 2020.

The secretive wedding sparked quite a controversy. Fred, then 22, was only in his last year of college, and married a rather unknown personality despite previously being linked to multiple heiresses and public figures in the past. Comparisons were also made between the modest summer wedding and his late parents' extravagant ceremony in 1995.

Although their marriage has been remarkably private, Fred has only ever shown love and admiration for his ex-wife, even as recently as a few months ago, which was why the divorce news came as a shock. In September, the couple attended the annual Archer Foundation Gala, where his new position as president of the streaming service FlixGo was announced by the current CEO of Archer Corporation. During his speech, he thanked his wife for her "endless support". "I am the man that I am today because of you," he sweetly declared. Unbeknownst to everyone, the couple would finalize their divorce just a few short months later.

Their last public appearance together was during the 3rd Academy Museum Gala early December. Any divorce settlement between the split couple has not been made public. We have reached out to Fred Archer's reps for further comment but has heard nothing back. (thehollywooodhall.com)

RELATED ARTICLES:

FLASHBACK: When a Billionaire Heir Married an Ordinary Girl. Maybe fairytales are real. Come revisit last year's secret Archer wedding that completely shocked the world. Read more...

2023's Most Famous High-Profile Splits. From superstar Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn to billionaire Fred and Jo Archer, here are last year's most shocking breakups. Read more...

YOU MIGHT LIKE:

Sparks Fly: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Engagement Rumors. Are they moving too fast? See their relationship timeline. Read more...

Everything to Know About Emerald Montgomery. It turns out that the model who went viral during last year's London Fashion Week is related to the owner of a global mass media company. Read more...

Who is Jonah Gibbs' Mystery Girl? The 2018 "Spice Master" was spotted with Mystery Girl... again. Here's what we know... Read more...