⚫~Chapter 03: Bramai?~⚫

Shades of life rest in the simple shadows we leave.
~Yaris.
_______________________________

Mirthy mistless winds carried the muffled words of chaos

Mirthy mistless winds carried the muffled words of chaos. The caged thoughts of people multiplied as they amassed even before the brink of dawn to gather their hay.

Murder? Suicide? For what?

Scurried whispers of chances revolved faster than the wheels of the jeeps that had visited the spot from its first cry.

"Move away. None is allowed. It's a crime spot and this is the twentieth time I'm saying this!"

An agitated voice exclaimed in its heaviness as he moved every enthusiast who romped to leak a scoop. Between everyone's curiosity, his duty seemed too tiring than owning a daycare alone with countless babies.

"Sir! We have been waiting since midnight. It's been hours. What's the take? Do you think this is a murder?"

His thickened brows creased to reveal the silver hairs cached between them.

"Madam, I'm not the officer you must be questioning."

His inked eyes fitting inside the oval rims hid the fury beneath them with his polite words.

"Oh right! When had they ever come on time?"

She rolled her pen between her fingers while scribbling something down on her sheets. Collecting the man beside her, she walked to focus on the spot in its peeking view.

"Roll the camera-"

As she smoothened her throat to begin, the rumbling farts of black smoke churning the brightening cerulean skies made her stop. She wheeled her palm, indicating the camera to turn towards the front man. After locking his bike, he cleared the crowd to get to the person who was pushing out a smile with his tired lips.

"Ayya! Veera on duty."

He saluted him as he pulled the black and yellow stripe tape that coiled around the plastic cones planted with wooden rods.

"Mr Krishnacharya, any updates on the events?"

The woman tried to push the sponge-clothed mic before others could even think. He gently cornered her with a smile as he moved inside the zone.

"I'm sick of these, Veera. Clear them. Tell them to be back here by noon."

"But sir-"

"Once done, join me upstairs."

He climbed as fast as he could while the other man rushed to settle the received orders. Taking four turns between the clustered cement-laid steps, a rotten metallic tang made him pull his folded napkin. Securing his nose, he entered the ajar door.

"Sorry for all the trouble at this hour."

His words made every head turn.

"Hello, sir! I'm Vimal. My team is handling the places and as far as we have investigated there is no shreds of evidence."