⚫~Chapter 05: Thunukku~⚫

Every speck is a dew and together they rule the mighty ocean.
~Yaris.
_______________________________

"Oh my sailing empress, I'm obliged that your compass steered here

"Oh my sailing empress, I'm obliged that your compass steered here."

Gritty groans of the last ounces of patience pecked her ears. With a heavy thud in her riddling heart, she turned.

"Samaran? You- huh?"

She could readily recognize the voice as her eyes strained to open through the tapestry of fired waters ebbing her nerves. The globe of white beams birthed as her slits widened.

"Oh my. Aah-"

Her feet shuffled as her thighs raced over the terrible sight in front of her. His dreamy blue eyes carried the void of his seized springs.

"See it's like I'm holding three tiers of balloons inside my shirt holes."

He shook his blue-tinged arms flaring the greenish veins beneath the snow burnt skin. Her lashes clasped as she remembered the shine of the sun on his pretty face as she grasped them in her pesty days. A drop of tear tore her heart as she gazed at the same arms which were swollen beyond the limits of their balloon ghost game.

"Can we talk?"

"You don't have to ask me that."

His gentle grin elevated his arched brows. His eyes glinted akin to the shimmer of blue in the arid skies between his curly tufts.

"How far have you ferried?"

His words quaked in her quiet lips, tapping them to her elegies of the ironic past.

"You shouldn't have left me alone."

Her burst of emotions quaked the luminous streaks streaming behind his just four-foot silhouette.

"I don't deny. But you never knew the flavour called fear."

His grin settled her qualms on its surface.

"But that doesn't conclude whatever you have done is right either."

Her troubled laments cramped her vision as she pushed them deeper, fighting them in her every breath.

"We know how terrible we were Samar. You can't deny it either."

He looked keen as if he would dive beneath her simple face to stir her soul.

"So. For you, nothing wheeled wrong, my empress?"

"In the play of fate, everything is grey."

She grounded her feet firmer amidst the vague simpers of the white vapors swirling at the back of her foot. A ringlet of silence swelled to burst her again.

"What did you expect from me? Some accomplished and evolved woman?"

His narrowed eyes spoke a million answers but his lips stayed subtle.