⚫️~Chapter 09: Thaabam~⚫️

Truths doesn't have a complete form. But when the bits are put together they reveal a world unseen.
~Yaris.
_______________________________

Honk. Honk. Honk.

The roads overflowed with vehicles stuck between the mixed-up lanes. Impatience wheeled every breath. Rising decibels of horns earned some cusses and foul gestures from the white-shirt man standing in the middle of the intersection.

"It's almost past office hours but the road is brimming like a weekend shop square parking lot!"

His eyes followed to track down the packed vehicles to eventually land on the most irritated man on duty. The torch in his hands kept dancing to his trained tunes, dismissing the vehicles at once in a direction to build another within the blink of his eyes.

"It's been seven minutes already and we are officially getting late, sir."

His eyes ticked to the tiptoes of his smartwatch. His freshly brewed caffeine-tinted eyes narrowed as he paraded the lanes that offered nothing more than a messy sight. In a moment, the wheels rolled. But his relief died a sudden death when the halt happened even before its half-turn.

"That's it. I'm out."

He clicked his tongue as he leaned back. Slowly relaxing the tension with his finger presses on the throbbing temples, he began nudging his knees like a tabla. Ruffling his crinkle-cut hair, he leapt on his toes.

"Keep in, Vimal. Don't prove to the public that patience is never for khaki men."

For a moment, the urge to escape widened in those eyes, and then he clipped his earlobes as a gesture of apology. He then secured the escaping seat belt with a click.

"Sir, may I friend a few questions?"

"Unless they aren't too expensive, you can."

A smear of joy brought his weary eyes to life. He then looked at the brown sheet the documents clothed, as they rested in the backseat.

"Are we in a police vehicle?"

His sudden interrogation made him shake his head to the side.

"Are we accompanying any other sarkar wale?"

He repeated his jittery shakes. Getting the tip of his icing berg he began to move to the edge of the seat.

"Ohho Vimal, let's not get formal. Just speak your mind. Between do you mind some cookies?"

He pulled the biscuits from the hexagon metal box. Handing a pair to him, he smelled the mild buttery sugar whiffs that heightened with the cool air the vents huffed.

"Thank you, sir. Just curious. Do you crave sugars more between meals?"

"I'm proud that I'm free of diabetes and pressure. Of course, little bites keep me going."