⚫️~Chapter 07: Nimiththam~⚫️

Pieces of truth amuse the journey but let them not stop you from reaching the destination.
~Yaris.
_______________________________

"Nah, more sambar makes these idlis more interesting!"

He poured the thick golden liquid that had the textured cut tomatoes and onion slices with small protein pulses. Contented with the drenching of those steamed rice cakes, he mashed them into a heap.

"Veera here comes the best part!"

The man sitting beside him slowly nodded as he mimicked his ways to heap the food.

"Now it's time for the coconut chutney to make it to the top."

He took some gritty textured white chutney to decorate the top of the heap as he sniffed the mix of aroma of grated coconut with simmered cumin and coriander.

"Ada Ada! Mhmm. Now for some more drama add a pinch of-"

His watering mouth couldn't speak more as he took some reddish mushy chutney to sweep it across the heap on the sides. As it pleased his eyes, he savoured all the blend of flavours on his tongue.

"Adaaaada. That chef has a lot of magic in his hands!"

"Nichayama Ayya."

He said as he had his food as instructed by his boss. His grey peaking moustache curved in joy to the sense of satisfaction his taste buds cherished. Without a doubt, they both loved each other's company of having their little relaxing food time together.

Tring... Tring tring tring...

The deep quaky resonance of the telephone demanded the man to get up, only to be stopped by a strong hold on his wrist.

"Don't spoil the peace of soul. Be at ease."

He licked his fingers before he washed them in the usual blue basin. As the ringing hung in their final threads, he ushered them to save their fate.

"Acharya, here."

He took his kerchief to wipe the wetness off his calloused hands.

"Sir, Vimal. Alone?"

"Vi- What's the news?"

He softened his voice as he understood the depth of ambiguity he was about to hear.

"Yes sir. And we have a important chit."

"Come over na? Why did you bring it up on a call?"

"The tossing knack."

The thick snorts that followed had stirred his palpable suspicions. He tossed his head to look at the man who was having his food with no commotion. So he made up his mind not to shoo him. He gently cleared his throat to soften his voice.