Part 39 You would be a fool not to take advantage of it

Without the Fu family, studying would be the best path for her daughter. Lin Sisi was speechless; she never expected that Sinnie would plan to continue her education. No matter how hard she tried to think about it, she couldn't have imagined this possibility! Suddenly, she didn't know what to do. After all, it was her rebirth that changed Sinnie's direction. Even though Sinnie couldn't be with Fu Yao and returned to the Lin family, why did her mood not only fail to lighten but also become heavier?

She had been determined to trample Sinnie underfoot, but now she found that no matter what she did, Sinnie could still turn the situation around. She spent over a month making Si parents detest her, but Sinnie's few words changed their attitude. Her plan was ruined. How could Lin Sisi accept this?

Suddenly, she caught sight of the tall man behind Sinnie, who hadn't said a word but couldn't be ignored. With something flickering in her eyes, Lin Sisi pretended to be surprised and said, "Sister Sinnie, now that you're married to Mr. Zhou, do you still want to go to school? If so, who will take care of his three children?"

Indeed, the female lead gets straight to the point. Exactly, if Sinnie were to go to school, what would be the point of Zhou Yuanshen marrying her? Zhou Yuanshen originally wanted to marry a woman who could help him take care of his children. Sinnie doesn't fit the bill in any way!

Lin Sisi was well aware that this man wouldn't accept someone who didn't meet his standards, no matter how good the person was. If Zhou Yuanshen were to annul the marriage later, the Lin family would have to return the three thousand yuan dowry. Lin Sisi knew the Lin family's situation well—they couldn't even come up with a thousand yuan, let alone three thousand. How could they afford to pay it back?

In the end, Sinnie would have to use her own two thousand yuan, and then she wouldn't have any money left for school! Lin Sisi thought she was too clever! This plan was like killing two birds with one stone.

Sinnie still wanted to go to school? Dream on! Lin Sisi also planned to retake exams. If Sinnie went to school and Lin Sisi didn't perform as well, what would the Si family think? Lin Sisi would absolutely not allow such a thing to happen.

Sure enough, when Sinnie said she wanted to go to school, everyone's attention shifted to her. Initially, they weren't too surprised, considering her age. But when Zhou Yuanshen was mentioned, things became complicated.

Sinnie must have considered this issue since she wasn't stupid. But she was different from others. While others went to school to gain knowledge, Sinnie just wanted to get that university diploma. Having graduated from Tsinghua University in her past life, she understood the importance of education. This was just a strategic move for her future. As long as she passed the exam, everything would be fine.

She remained quite calm. "What you've thought of, others have also considered. I'm not stupid."

With disdain, she glanced at the self-proclaimed clever Lin Sisi. "I don't plan to return to school. I only intend to take the college entrance examination and attend university. I'll take a two-year break and wait until Yao Yao is old enough to attend kindergarten before going back to school."

Hearing this, Lin Sisi scoffed, "Sinnie, you're being too selfish. How could Zhou Yuanshen agree to this? He's not stupid."

As soon as her words fell, Zhou Yuanshen's deep voice rang out, "I agree. Yao Yao is still young, and it might delay you for a year or two. After two years, you can do whatever you want without worrying too much."

He couldn't use a child to restrain Sinnie for a lifetime. He couldn't be so selfish as to bind Sinnie's future with a child. Sinnie glanced gratefully at Zhou Yuanshen. Her eyes were like water, and the sunlight shining down on her made her fair and delicate skin glow. Her gentle arc of the eyes formed a soft curve.

Zhou Yuanshen swallowed and looked away. He married her, not to harm her. How could he let her be bound to them for a lifetime?

Lin Sisi beside them was suddenly speechless. In her limited memories of Zhou Yuanshen, he had never been so accommodating. Her palms clenched involuntarily. Even though she no longer liked Zhou Yuanshen, how could she feel comfortable knowing that the man she had married in her past life treated another woman better in this life? Sinnie, it's always Sinnie!

What kind of spell did Sinnie cast on Zhou Yuanshen?

In any rural household, it's unlikely they would agree to such a thing. Yet, Zhou Yuanshen agreed without much thought. Does Sinnie have such great charm?

Lin Sisi looked at Yao Yao again. In her memory, Yao Yao was always dirty and unkempt. But now, she stood beside Sinnie, timidly holding onto Sinnie's leg, fingers in her mouth, looking shyly at everyone. The contrast between the Yao Yao now and the child in her memory was like night and day.

Lin Sisi had been pampered by her foster parents since childhood, always being taken care of. When had it ever been her turn to take care of others? So, when she went to the Zhou family, although she would buy things for the children, she wouldn't do things like cooking or bathing for them. Those tasks were left to the nanny, Aunt Liu.

Rural children were often dirty, and she didn't find it strange at all. So in her memory, Yao Yao was always dirty, a child she didn't even want to hold. But now, she was clean, fair, and soft, dressed in a little dress, like a porcelain doll. Incredibly adorable.

Anyone would take a few more glances at such an adorable presence.

Lin Sisi opened her mouth but couldn't say anything. Seeing the awkward atmosphere, Lin's mother hurriedly said, "Since everything is clear now, let's all sit down. I'll go make some food, and we can have a meal together."

The members of the Si family had originally come to transfer their household registration, but now they couldn't bring themselves to say it. Their eagerness made them seem heartless, especially considering their status as public servants. It wouldn't sound good if word got out.

Upon hearing Lin's mother's invitation, they quickly declined, "No need, we have other things to attend to. We'll just head back now."

"Nie Nie, sorry for the trouble, dear. Dad has some money here, consider it for your wedding. You're right, a girl only gets married once, and it should be done with grandeur."

Mr. Si stepped forward, took out two hundred yuan from his pocket, and handed it to Si Nian. Lin Sisi's eyes turned red. They had originally come to sever ties with Si Nian. Now, not only did they not sever them, but her father even took the initiative to give her money!

Though the Si family was well-off, two hundred yuan was still several months' worth of wages. Zhang Cuimei beside her also felt the pinch. She opened her mouth but, seeing so many people watching, she didn't dare to say "give too much," afraid of losing face. Perhaps this was the typical scenario of enduring suffering just to save face.

Si Nian pretended to hesitate for a moment before accepting it. It would be foolish not to take advantage of the opportunity.

"Sister, Fu Yao and I have decided to go look at rings and take wedding photos with Fu Yao. If you and Mr. Zhou are also planning to get married, we can do it together," Lin Sisi said unwillingly, feeling like she had been at a disadvantage today, so she sought some ground from Fu Yao.