10- Office Scrap

❀❀~KATERINA~❀❀

I take a step back and out of William's warm embrace. His hands slide down my arms and force me to suppress a shudder. I'm not sure what upsets me more, Malcolm's unwelcome presence or the indifferent expression on William's face.

"I tripped and Mr. Cardona kept me from falling." It's somewhat true, but I still avoid Macolm's disbelieving glare.

His shoulders rise and fall with his breathing and then says, "I came to drive you home, grab some dinner."

Not happening.

"I have a lot of work to do. I'll be staying late. Thank you anyway." Feeling William's gaze burning the side of my face, I adjust my glasses and clear my throat.

"I'll call you later," Malcom says and I don't get a chance to move before he grabs my head and plants a rough kiss on me. My face scrunches in disgust on its own and I squirm, struggling to get away.

He finally releases me and I try my hardest not to gag, but he doesn't seem to care or notice with the smug grin on his face. I excuse myself from the room, but when I brush past him he holds on to my arm and guides me down the hallway, his grip tightening with each step.

"OW!" I hiss but his response is to give me a slight shove into the copier room, shutting the door behind us. Glaring at him, I rub at the area on my arm that's likely going to bruise.

"What the hell is going on with you and Cardona?"

"Nothing."

"Sure as hell doesn't look like nothing."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Attempting to side step around him, he blocks my path.

"You look at him like you want him."

"Want him to do what?"

"Don't play dumb, Katerina."

I fold my arms, glaring at him. "Speaking of dumb, I'm certain I made you aware not to kiss me." He shrugs with a grin, sliding his hands into his pockets. "What's with you wanting to drive me home? You must want or need something. So, come on, out with it."

He narrows his eyes, his tongue running across his teeth. My lips curl remembering his foul taste. He exhales sharply, observing me. "You have access to the sketches going to production, don't you?"

"No." Confused by his request, but then my eyes widen, realizing what he's really asking, but he steps forward clamping his sweaty hand over my mouth.

"Sshh!" His coffee-smelling, hot breath sweeps over my face. "I don't need those pretty lips of yours spilling out anything yet. Everything is working out perfectly." My mind is running wild with the truth that he's the spy. I try to get out of his hold but he keeps his firm grip on me. "The company's anniversary party is coming up and we need to coordinate. I'll pick you up but it would be helpful if your boyfriend knew your address, don't you think?"

Mustering as much strength as possible, I shove him back and wipe the wetness from his sweaty hand off my mouth. "No. I'm not going with you."

"You don't have a choice, sweetcheeks."

I decide to needle him as much as possible, hoping he'll tell me what he's really up to. "You want the sketches because you're the spy."

"It's none of your business, errand girl."

"But...Mr. Cardona checked everyone—you came up clean." His lips curl to the side of his mouth in a satisfied smirk. Feeling brazen or reckless, I don't know, but I straighten my posture, and lift my chin.

The Billionaire's Pollyanna |2024 ONC|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें