CHAPTER 7 - HER EYES, MY HEART

Uske chehre pe iss qadar noor tha,

Uski yaadon mein rona manjoor tha,

Bewafa bhi nahi keh sakte hum usko,

Mohabbat humne ki thi woh toh be- qasoor tha.

ARJUN

I can easily see that hidden smile on her face which she has because she thinks that I am scared of her.

That she scolded me, and I easily did what she asked me to do.

She is so busy in dressing my wound and I am busy in looking at her.

I wish she knew that she has me on the palm of her hand and I will follow anything and everything she wants me to.

But she is oblivion to each and every emotion that I feel for her.

Except my anger.

And it's not her fault, I have only shown her that single emotion.

Because I don't want to force anything on her. I want her to take the first move.

And if she took that one move towards me, I would hold her forever.

Either she is all mine, or not at all mine.

I want her completely and if she can't feel for me in that way, I will never become the obstacle of her happy life ahead.

She can choose her happiness.

So, I said " Noor"

Her gaze shifts from my forehead to my eyes and she said " Yes".

I pulled back a little from her and said " Tum rehne do, mai khud kar lunga"

[You leave it, I will do it on my own]

Saying that, I tried to take the turmeric paste which she was applying on my head, but she pulled her hand back and said.

" Hum kar rahe hain na, aap chup baithein"

[I am doing it, you sit quietly]

I bit back a smile remembering something similar which happened years back.

[Flashback]

No elder was at home as everyone went for a village gathering of elders.

Bebe left three of us at home and Noor was also staying at our place and my and her parents asked me to take care of them.

As I was the eldest, so it was my responsibility.

Three of them, Arun, Roshni and Noor were playing outside with their friends.

And I was studying in my room, but I couldn't because lately I have realized few things which has shaken me.

I have realized that no matter since how long I have started feeling for Noor, we both have no future together.