Chapter 10 Reunion

Clint frowned as soon as he saw the person outside. "What are you doing here?". Clint went out and closed the door behind him.

"I guess you're not happy seeing me, brother." The man sneered and walked closer to Clint. "I guess you still think I was the one responsible for that 5 years ago." He raised his hand and dusted off the imaginary dust on Clint's shoulder. "As expected of you dear brother, you haven't changed at all. Still handsome as ever."

Clint fiercely looked at the man, "The same with you. You still haven't changed. Still mendacious."

The man's face changed slightly, "Why is it that you keep insisting that I was the one who did it. I don't know where and how did that lawyer of yours got the evidence but let me tell you, it wasn't me. You should be anxious you weren't able to find the one who plotted everything. He might come at you again."

Clint scoffed, "Ten, your breath still stinks. How come everything that comes out of your mouth is full of lies."

They stared at each other, devouring the other with their gaze.

'Click", the door opened. Both of them were startled and looked at the direction of the door. A head poked first before the door was opened wide.

Clint suddenly became nervous. He looked at the innocent girl who suddenly smiled at Ten. But the smile gradually disappeared. He observed as the girl curiously examined the other man.

Ten walked towards Cristine, "Who do we have here?"

Before Ten could completely get near Cristine, Clint quickly stood in between them with Cristine facing his back and Ten facing him head on. Cristine was completely hidden so Ten couldn't get to see her clearly. He chuckled, "What's with the fuss? You don't want me to meet your friend?"

Ten leaned on his side to peek at the girl who was behind Clint. As he leaned, Clint also moved not giving him a chance to glance at the one at his back.

Ten laughed, "I guess I'm mistaken. You've changed my dear brother. This time you're different."

He stopped talking and once again attempted to peek at the girl but Clint didn't give him a chance. "I guess I'll meet her next time." He turned to leave and after walking a little distance he turned back, "I will warn you again. Be wary my brother."

Cristine and Clint watched the man getting on his motorbike. Before putting on his helmet, he shouted, "Goodbye sister-in-law! See you when I meet you!"

The two watched as Ten finally went away, leaving dark smoke in the air. Cristine was still behind Clint. She awkwardly stood and tried to figure out Clint's mood. The man seemed to be on his guard when he was talking to the other man. Cristine was sure that he was a family of Clint but judging at their interaction there seems to be dispute between them.

Clint finally turned to her and as she was very close to him, she moved a step back. She looked up at his face and saw the same expression that he always bore, placid and no emotions.

"If you see him in the future, avoid him right away", Clint softly said but with a faint anger on his tone. Without waiting for her answer, he turned and left for the kitchen.

Cristine was dumbfounded. "Is he angry?", she whispered to herself. "At me?", she lifted her index finger and pointed at herself. "What did I do?" She pouted and followed the man to the kitchen.

Clint didn't say a word as he ate his dinner. Cristine couldn't believe she was being given the cold shoulder when she didn't even do anything. She kept on glancing at Clint trying to figure out what she had done. And as for the visitor, she didn't dare mention or ask about him in case it will enrage him.