Chapter 16 You Only Have One Job Tony!

After taking a shower, Cristine decided to go out for a night breeze. After the filming was over, she went down the mountain together with some staff. Clint and Tony were left to deal with some things. Even after dinner, she didn't see the two.

She found a burning bonfire in front of the inn. A few people were sitting in the front yard, enjoying the night and feeling the warmth from the fire. She sat on a bench and stared at the flames as it rose reaching a certain height and fall on its original position.

Tony arrived at the inn and saw Cristine. He walked towards her.

"Yo!", he greeted.

"You're here", Cristine said as she excitedly swept her eyes around Tony. Not finding who she was looking for, the smile on her face gradually disappeared.

Noticing her actions, Tony smirked, "Looking for your husband?"

Cristine was flustered, "W-what? N-no!"

"Okay. No need to shout." Tony looked at her and continued, "The plan for tomorrow's shoot is being revised. He went with the director to finalize it. They might take a while. You better sleep first."

"I-I told you I was not looking for him.". She lowered her head and blushed.

"Oh?", Tony couldn't help but utter. "Then, why are you all red? Are you embarrassed I caught you missing him?"

Cristine looked up and glared at him. "What are you talking about?"

Tony laughed, "Okay. Okay. You don't miss him. I'll tell him that if I see him."

Cristine snorted, "You're really good at teasing people, aren't you?".

Tony laughed harder, "And you're such a terrible liar."

The two watched as a staff of the inn added wood in the fire. The dying flames enthusiastically fed on the wood and burned stronger.

"We are going to shoot in a cave tomorrow.", Tony narrated.

"Hmmm", Cristine simply answered.

Tony looked at the girl beside him and sighed. He really despises the fact that he is second in rank.

'We are shooting in a cave tomorrow. Watch over Cristine. I might be busy and not able to look after her.'

Tony remembered Clint's words. He again sighed.

Cristine looked at him, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just hate the fact that I am going to babysit", Tony replied in a whisper.

"What?", Cristine asked.

"Nothing."

Cristine went back to her room feeling stuffy. She doesn't know why but she felt uncomfortable like, something is missing. She sat on her bed and did breathing exercises. Still, she felt there's something wrong with her. She looked at her phone and it was already 11:00. She turned off her lights and decided to just sleep it off. After turning and tossing for hours she finally slept.

She was awakened by a series of knocks on the door. She sleepily opened the door.

"Good morning, ma'am", a staff of the inn greeted her.

Cristine smiled, "Hi."

"Ma'am, you requested for a wake-up service. We are about to serve breakfast in 30 minutes."

Cristine, "O-okay. Thank you."

Cristine closed the door and hurriedly washed. She didn't request for a wake-up service, so Clint or Tony might have arranged it. As they were going to the water, she wore a pair of tight leggings and a plain white T-shirt.