Chapter 19 Proven

Clint arrived at the house and saw that the lights were on. After grabbing the porridge that he bought for the little girl, he walked towards the house in big strides.

Cristine, clutching a blanket wrapped around her petite body, sickly walked towards the door. She smiled as soon as the man she was expecting walked in holding a paper bag.

Looking at the pale face of the sick girl, Clint frowned.

"How are you feeling?", Clint asked while removing his shoes and placing it on the shoe rack.

Cristine loosened the tightly wrapped blanket, "Better than this afternoon."

"You should be in bed", Clint said as he led the way to the kitchen.

Cristine watched him as he put the still hot porridge in a bowl and placed it on the table. Cristine tasted a mouthful before answering Clint.

"I slept for the whole afternoon. I am afraid I won't be able to sleep tonight if I sleep more."

Cristine continued to eat until she scraped the bowl empty. Noticing that Clint was staring at her until she finished eating, she turned to look at the man. Their eyes met and a faint blush appeared on her face. Afraid that Clint might notice it, she hurriedly stood up and walked towards the sink. She quickly washed the bowl and placed it on the dish rack to dry.

Clint didn't sense anything unusual. Confirming that Cristine was indeed a little bit better, he decided to take a shower.

After 15 minutes of showering, Clint went out of the bathroom and a mist carrying his fresh scent escaped. Drying his hair, he grabbed his phone and saw a few missed calls from Tony. He dialed Tony's number and after just a few rings Tony picked up.

Without waiting for Clint to say 'Hello', Tony in a hurried voice informed Clint to get ready for an emergency call. Sensing that there was something wrong, Clint agreed right away and asked to start the meeting after 10 minutes. After dressing up, he walked downstairs with his laptop. He was supposed to go to his study room for the call but as Cristine was not in the living room he decided to just do it there.

After ten minutes, Clint entered the Zoom call. Even though it was already late at night, the employees that were supposed to attend the call were complete in attendance.

Tony, "I am very sorry to disturb you late in the evening but I don't think I can wait for tomorrow. I am very thankful that you guys were able to attend this emergency meeting. Without much a do I will go directly to the concern. It is indeed true that our summer outfits are doing well in sales these days but the hiking fashion jackets that we were about to release seemed to be copied by our rival company. They just released their own version. The jackets are quite similar to ours but are extremely cheaper. I don't know any other relevant facts about their product as they just released it earlier this evening. All I know is that if we release our own, we will be in the gutter."

Disbelief and anger were shown in the faces of the employees including Clint. Who could've guessed that their rival company would release a product similar to them and chose to release it in the evening making Clint's company to not be able to retaliate? If this was not planned then what a perfect coincidence it was. Clint clenched his fists and was speechless. Even Tony couldn't do anything about the situation at the moment.

"Let's push forward our plan tomorrow. We will still release our version of the jacket. Let Cai Xu Kun's ads be everywhere. For now, we could only rely on him.", Clint said in a serious manner.

The others on the meeting also nodded.

"Yeah. That's the only thing that we could do.", Tony added. "But we should also be prepared in case the public won't take this positively."