Chapter 19 : O.A.

The next day rolled in, bringing along an unresolved problem that needed sorting. I dragged myself out of bed, going through the usual morning routine of chores, breakfast, and getting ready for school. But my mind was stuck on what went down last night. I couldn't stop replaying the whole thing with Gavvy in my head, questioning why he kissed me if we weren't even officially together, only to run off without a word. The whole situation left me feeling confused and frustrated, not knowing what to do next.

As I made my way to school, a sudden idea popped into my head. It hit me that maybe I should show Gavvy how much I care about him by flirting and showering him with affection. I wanted him to feel my love and understand my intentions. The thought of openly expressing my emotions and taking care of him got me all fired up and determined.

With that newfound determination, I continued my walk to school, ready to put my plan into action. The excitement of showing Gavvy how much he means to me fueled my steps, giving me a renewed sense of purpose.

Determined and with a bright smile on my face, I set off on the journey to school, my mind buzzing with anticipation. I couldn't wait to see Gavvy in the classroom, my heart fluttering with excitement. Thoughts of the possibilities that lay ahead filled my head, making my heart race with anticipation.

As I approached the classroom, my eyes scanned the room, hoping to catch a glimpse of him. But to my disappointment, he was nowhere to be found. The excitement that had filled me quickly turned into a sinking feeling of disappointment. Confusion and worry started to creep in, and I couldn't help but wonder where he could be.

Deciding to give him the benefit of the doubt, I took a seat and patiently waited, thinking that maybe he was just running late due to an emergency. As the minutes ticked by, the school bell rang, signaling the start of class. Still, there was no sign of him. My worry deepened with each passing moment.

The teacher entered the classroom and began the attendance check, calling out each student's name one by one. With every name that was called, my concern grew. Where could Gavvy be? What could have happened to him? The unanswered questions weighed heavily on my mind, leaving me anxious and unsettled.

With the attendance check completed and Gavvy marked absent, the teacher proceeded with the lesson. However, I found it nearly impossible to focus. My mind was consumed with worry, thoughts of Gavvy's well-being racing through my head. As the minutes ticked by, my hope began to dwindle.

Just when I was starting to lose all hope, a notification on my phone snapped me out of my anxious thoughts. It was a text message from Gavvy. My heart skipped a beat as I eagerly read his words. The message simply stated, "I'm sick. Don't bother coming to my house. Just focus on your studies and don't skip school."

My worry transformed into a deep sense of concern. I knew Gavvy didn't want me to go to his house or skip school, but I couldn't ignore the nagging feeling that I had to do something. Despite his request, I felt compelled to show him that I cared.

Determined, I made up my mind. I would find a way to let him know that I was there for him, even if it meant going against his wishes.

In that moment, it felt as though I had stepped into the pages of a romantic novel, where I was the protagonist, driven by a deep desire to ensure my partner's well-being. Filled with determination, I stood up from my seat, my heart pounding with worry, ready to leave the classroom and rush to Gavvy's house to take care of him. However, before I could make my move, the teacher's authoritative voice cut through the air, questioning my actions.

She looked at me with a skeptical gaze and asked, "Mister, what do you think you're doing?" I mustered up the courage to respond, my voice filled with concern, "I'm sorry, ma'am, but Mr. Abano is sick. Can I go and see him?"

The teacher's stern expression remained, and she replied with a hint of disbelief, "What are you? A main character in a story? So what if your boyfriend is sick? You can go to his house when the school day is over." Her words felt like a slap in the face, and a mix of frustration and impatience welled up within me. I attempted to explain my concerns, to convey the depth of my worry, but the teacher's unwavering gaze silenced me. Reluctantly, I returned to my seat, feeling a sense of helplessness as the weight of the situation sank in.

Minutes dragged on as I kept checking the time, hoping the school day would hurry up and end so I could go to Gavvy's house. I couldn't wait any longer, so I had to come up with a plan to leave early. I decided to fake being sick and went to the nurse's office to ask for permission to go home. I explained my symptoms, hoping the nurse would believe me. The nurse, being skeptical, stuck a thermometer in my mouth. I thought about trying to rub it to make my temperature higher and make it seem like I had a fever, but the nurse was watching me closely.

Luckily, the guidance counselor showed up and talked to the nurse, figuring out a way to raise the temperature on the thermometer. When the nurse came back, he took the thermometer from my mouth and it looked like I had a fever. I described my symptoms again, knowing I had to play the part. The nurse gave me some medicine and told me to lie down on the bed. But I wanted to leave, so I insisted the nurse give me a permission slip to show the guards and let me out of school. Finally, the nurse gave in and handed me the permission slip, allowing me to leave early.

Just as I was about to make my exit, the nurse halted me in my tracks. He looked at me with suspicion and questioned, "Wait, you're not really sick, are you?" My mind raced, thinking I had been caught in my act. In a desperate attempt to defend my case, I coughed and insisted, "No, really, I'm sick. I just need some rest at home."

The nurse wasn't convinced and retorted firmly, "You're not sick. Give me that permission slip." I refused to give up, determined to hold onto the slip. Then, a sudden idea struck me, and I blurted out, "Hey, I noticed you and the guidance counselor seem pretty close. Are you two dating?" The nurse's eyes widened, questioning if I was blackmailing him.

Quickly, I clarified, "No, no, I'm not blackmailing you. It's just that my boyfriend is really sick, and he has no one to take care of him. I just want to be there for him. He was adopted by our family after being abandoned. Sobs Please, nurse, let me go. You're dating the guidance counselor, right? I know you would do the same if you were in my shoes."

The nurse sighed, realizing my desperation and genuine concern. He responded, "O.A (over acting) Jeez. Okay, fine. It's not because the counselor and I are dating, but take care of your boyfriend." With a triumphant smirk, I walked out with the permission slip in hand, feeling a surge of determination. I knew I had to go to Gavvy's house and take care of him. I headed straight there, my mind filled with thoughts of how I could provide comfort and support during his illness.

(To Be Continued…)

-+-
crdts

Gawin - u.e
Clint - I'm coming back for you baby
Ash - guitar boi