Chapter 39

Howdy people 😊😊

    Here's an update 🤎

Enjoy!
________________________

"What!?"

"What?"

"I can't believe you, Mama. Out of every option, that is what you thought of?" Hannatu questioned her mother.

"The Queen mother gave me no choice and she also said I should come up with something. That is what I could come up with." Zulai answered.

"Come up with poison? Poison!? Haba Mama!" Hannatu rebuked. "We never agreed on killing the Queen, did we?"

"Keep your voice down!" Zulai hissed, "We are not going to kill her. It is a poison that would make her permanently sick for the rest of her miserable life. No cure, no giving birth to children, nothing at all. She'll just be bed ridden for the rest of her life." Zulai explained but her daughter wasn't quite comfortable with it.

She hesitated, "Where will you get such poison from?"

"I have my ways, I know where to get it."

"How will you get it into the palace?" Hannatu asked yet again .

"Like my former answer, I have my ways." Zulai answered.

"Then what happens?" Hannatu asked, "What happens if it works out or if it doesn't? What if they find out you - we are behind it?"

"Your silly questions are annoying me," Zulai almost screamed at her, "It will eventually work out Hannatu. What happens after it works out. She will be like a rottened fruit and the King would be devastated, then you can take your chances. He won't resist you. And I know how to leave no traces."

Hannatu squirmed uncomfortably in her seat, looking hesitant and scared, "Mama, I am speechless honestly," The gleam on her mother's face was replaced by a frown, "I have been meaning to tell you this but...."

"But what!?.... Hannatu!" She hollered.

Hannatu flinched, "I've been wanting to talk to you about this for a very long time now. All these trouble, I....I....I am not comfortable with them anymore. From one plan to another and they seem not to work out for us. I know you are trying and I really appreciate it. But....I just want all these to stop, maybe I am not destined for the King, or else we would've been married. You are forgetting everything is destined in this life and....and, this is the highest of all, poisoning the Queen. Mama, honestly I just want all these to stop." She concluded her statement with a painful slap which got her tumbling out of her seat.

"Can you hear the rubbish you are spewing? Are you being serious right now? Hannatu!" The young woman was already in tears, "You don't want all these, huh? After all I've done. You are very stupid. Very senseless. Now I wish I had been childless." The woman also got tears pooling.

She angrily threw a hard object at Hannatu, who kept on crying as it hit her, she got a sharp bruise, "Then I will just send you back to that old man who fathered you. Is that what you want? I think so. And he will get you married to one of his old friends who have children older than you. That is what he will do. If he did it to his daughters, then who are you? The daughter of the girl he despises. Nonsense," Her own tears started spilling, she furiously sat down, clasping her head in her hands, "Do you know what it feels like to be forcefully married to an old man? Old enough to be your father? Even older than him? You want to have an old man touching and laying with you? Is that what you want? Do you know how disgusting it feels? Hannatu!" She croaked her name.