Chapter 227: The Cat

Zhang Yi always paid close attention to changes in the outside world because it would affect whether his future life would be safe or not. Perhaps all of this was just his own needless worry, and there wouldn't actually be any powerful organizations attacking here. But he still had to be prepared for anything.
"Xin Xin, come and see your new equipment!" Zhang Yi stood up from the sofa, intending to take Yang Xinxin to the supercomputer area.Yang Xinxin sat in the wheelchair, and Zhang Yi asked the others to stay behind as he pushed her to the control room.After entering, Yang Xinxin looked at the console in front of her, her eyes shining brightly. The setup of the control room made it feel like being in the midst of the universe. Wang Siming was someone who pursued luxury, so even the floor of the control room was equipped with OLED screens.The blue light resembled the galaxies in the universe, and the various buttons on the huge console were neatly arranged."From now on, the network security here will be up to you!" Zhang Yi patted her shoulder.But his gaze involuntarily fell on her legs that couldn't walk. A genius with an extremely developed mind, yet suffering from polio, paralyzed from the waist down—there was simply no one more suitable for this role than her.Yang Xinxin nodded and rolled her wheelchair to the control console. Zhang Yi, using his highest authority, granted her secondary operational privileges, preventing her from modifying the core content of the system but allowing her to maintain network security.Without saying a word, Yang Xinxin walked over and placed her fair hands on the console, beginning to manipulate it like a pianist playing the piano. Panels of black and blue appeared on the large screen, codes swiftly scrolling.Zhang Yi couldn't understand it, but he stood by her with interest. In less than ten minutes, Yang Xinxin had checked the entire shelter's network."How is it? Are there any vulnerabilities in the network?" Zhang Yi asked.Looking at him, Yang Xinxin said, "This Galaxy Light system was the top personal network system ten years ago, and its performance is very powerful. Even now, it can crush the vast majority of network systems in the world. Its artificial intelligence is very powerful, theoretically without any security vulnerabilities."Here, her tone suddenly changed, "However, top hackers can create vulnerabilities. Over the past two weeks, the system has been subjected to thousands of network attacks. If it weren't discovered in time, the entire network system would be paralyzed in a month at most."Zhang Yi's gaze sharpened. His speculation was indeed correct! After the incident with Lu Fengda, he and this shelter inevitably attracted the attention of interested parties. And those capable of such actions were definitely not ordinary.He asked Yang Xinxin, "Can you fix the vulnerabilities and stop these attacks?"A hint of disdain curved Yang Xinxin's lips. "Zhang Yi, don't forget what my profession is!"As one of the world's top hackers, she was most skilled in network security and especially adept at attacking others. Although the other side also had network experts, they were clearly far inferior to her."Fixing the vulnerabilities is very simple. And I will create a new encrypted network for you to use, instead of using the previous router. Otherwise, wireless network intrusion would be effortless.""You take care of it!" Zhang Yi said.After some operations, Yang Xinxin didn't take too long before smiling and looking up at Zhang Yi, saying, "Brother, I've done it!"She looked eager for praise. Zhang Yi smiled slightly and patted her head, "Xinxin, you're amazing!"Yang Xinxin enjoyed Zhang Yi's touch, but she still said, "It's just simple maintenance, nothing difficult."A hint of cunning flashed in her eyes, mixed with excitement."Next, I'll see who exactly wants to invade this network. If I can invade their network in return, that would be interesting!"Challenging higher difficulty tasks was instinctive for a top hacker like her.After contemplating for a moment, Zhang Yi asked, "How confident are you? Or rather, what are the risks if you fail?"He was curious about the organization secretly observing them. He didn't have plans to initiate an attack, but if he could gather some intelligence on them, it would be beneficial.Yang Xinxin said, "It's hard to say about the level of certainty, as we haven't officially engaged and I'm not clear about the opponent's strength. From what I can see now, their attacks on the shelter's network are not very intense.""But don't worry, even if I can't break into their network, at least I can conceal my own tracks and not be discovered by them."Satisfied, Zhang Yi nodded. "Well then, go ahead and do it!"Since others had already made the first move, naturally, he had to respond.While they were talking, suddenly came the panicked voice of Zhou Ke'er from outside."Zhang Yi, something's wrong! Strange... a monster!"Zhang Yi and Yang Xinxin exchanged a glance."That cat seems to really like you, it followed you all the way here," Zhang Yi chuckled.Yang Xinxin tilted her head, "Perhaps I'm the only human it trusts! It followed me because it's worried about me."Zhang Yi had noticed the cat demon following them a long time ago. He also had plans to subdue it and use it as a weapon. However, it was indeed necessary to tame it as soon as possible. Otherwise, there would be many casualties on the other side of the river."Let's go, let's go take a look!" Zhang Yi pushed Yang Xinxin's wheelchair out of the control room.Zhou Ke'er's face was pale, and she hurriedly hugged Zhang Yi's arm for comfort."Zhang Yi... there's a big monster outside! It's been standing outside the window, meowing at the house.""Ke Ran said we need to call Xinxin over; it followed Xinxin here.""Don't be afraid, it's Xinxin's friend. Let's go take a look!" Zhang Yi pushed Yang Xinxin to the living room.Outside the window, in the darkness, there were two huge eyes staring at the house like red lanterns. The cat demon Flower occasionally let out a howl, but it didn't seem to have any malicious intent; instead, it looked like it was urging someone to feed it.After seeing Yang Xinxin, it quietly sat down in the snow.Ignoring its fur-like steel spikes, it was completely a large cat.Yang Mi hid behind the table, peeking at it with two eyes.Lu Keran was a little better, after all, knowing it was a stray cat raised by Yang Xinxin, she wasn't as afraid, but she still kept a sufficient distance from the glass window.

( If you enjoy this novel, feel free to tip via PayPal: wjw6710@gmail.com . Any amount is appreciated. Your support is my greatest motivation to continue. Thank you! )