Chapter 228: Cultivating Feelings

Zhang Yi looked at the enormous demon cat squatting in the snow for quite some time, covered in a layer of snow. However, it showed no hostility, just staring keenly at them. Occasionally, when it blinked, one could sense a hint of fatigue in its demeanor.
"It seems the battle with Liang Yue took a toll on it," Zhang Yi remarked.The demon cat had fought Liang Yue, wielding the treasure sword, and Liang Yue had nearly exhausted her strength. Its condition wasn't optimistic either. At the very least, it had acquired numerous wounds from the treasure sword. That's why it chose to follow Zhang Yi and Yang Xinxin here. After all, for it, only Yang Xinxin was a human worth trusting.In this case, Zhang Yi had a chance to tame it."Let's go, let's go feed the cat!" Zhang Yi said to Yang Xinxin. He geared up himself and helped Yang Xinxin into thick winter clothing, then opened the door and stepped out of the shelter."Meow—"Seeing Zhang Yi, the demon cat let out a cautious meow. But from its expression, Zhang Yi could sense its spirit wasn't well. Yang Xinxin, sitting in the wheelchair, waved at it. "Flower, don't be afraid! Come over here to big sister."However, the demon cat, Flower, just stared at Yang Xinxin, then glanced at Zhang Yi, whimpering softly without choosing to approach.Zhang Yi knew it still harbored distrust towards him, especially after their conflicts when he first went to Tianqing Academy.With a smile, Zhang Yi reached out and opened the door to the dimensional space. "Whoosh—"Cat treats, dried fish, and bags of cat food fell down like a small mountain."Good Flower! Come and have some food!" Zhang Yi coaxed. "The environment outside is too harsh. As long as you become my pet in the future, I'll provide food and shelter for you!"Flower stared fixedly at the pile of food on the ground, especially at the dried fish. Zhang Yi even noticed its throat moving a few times.Zhang Yi felt relieved. Cats were cats; as long as there was food, they were easy to deal with! However, reality hit him in the face the next moment.Though Flower showed interest in the food Zhang Yi provided, it still didn't approach. Instead, it stepped back a few paces, glaring at Zhang Yi and the food, its voice starting to change with a hint of provocation in its gaze.As if saying to Zhang Yi: Do you think you can tame me with just a few favors? You're underestimating me too much!Yang Xinxin, sitting in the wheelchair, smiled at Zhang Yi. "Brother, Flower is a stray cat. It's very cautious.""It took me more than a month to build a relationship with it," she added.Zhang Yi rubbed his face and said with a smile, "I don't mind spending more than a month, but I'm worried it might attack the villagers across the river where Fatty Xu is!"Although he didn't care about the lives of the villagers of Xudong Village, Fatty Xu was someone he valued. If Flower caused trouble, it wouldn't bode well for the relationship between the two.After all, the cat was also brought here by him.He thought for a moment and said to Flower, "Hey, Flower. I know you don't trust me yet, but I can provide you with food. However, you have to promise me not to attack the villagers across the river. Can you do that?"Zhang Yi pointed to the village to the south. He always felt that this demon cat had intelligence, as evidenced by its behavior patterns.Sure enough, Flower turned its head to look in the direction Zhang Yi pointed, then glanced at the pile of food in front of Zhang Yi, slowly nodding."Meow—"That's considered an agreement."Alright, that's settled then!" Zhang Yi understood cats, especially stray ones, were the hardest to build trust with. So, it had to be done slowly. Since he had plenty of pet snacks in the dimensional space and didn't eat them himself, he might as well use them to feed Flower."However, such a big cat has quite the appetite. We'll need to find other food for it in the future!" Zhang Yi pulled Yang Xinxin's wheelchair back to the door step by step.When they returned to the room, they suddenly heard the girls inside exclaiming in surprise. Zhang Yi turned to look outside but couldn't see the trace of the demon cat anymore."Zhang Yi, look at this!" Zhou Ke'er pulled him excitedly, pointing to the pile of cat food.Zhang Yi took a closer look and couldn't help but exclaim internally. The giant demon cat, which was over ten meters long, had turned into an ordinary-sized tabby cat!The women hadn't seen a cat for a long time, so they were all ecstatic, crowding around the window."Can it change its body size?" Zhang Yi was pleasantly surprised. This way, they could save a lot on the food needed to raise it."Isn't that obvious?" Lu Kernan laughed with her arms crossed. "Big brother, your biology doesn't seem to be very good! If it always stayed in that size, the guys at Tianqing Academy wouldn't be able to feed it at all."She raised her fist and said seriously, "I've decided, I must work hard in the future and not let big brother Zhang Yi down!"Yang Xinxin curiously asked, "What did big brother ask you to do?"Lu Kernan replied, "Big brother asked me to familiarize myself with the equipment first. Then there are some things he wants me to modify myself.""But, apart from repairing equipment for him, I'll probably have to make weapons!" Yang Xinxin smiled and asked, "Isn't it difficult to make weapons?"Lu Kernan nodded."Yeah. If it's ordinary firearms, it's not difficult to make them. But some complex firearms can't be produced without professional equipment and molds.""Even if they are made according to the appearance, there will be significant errors in their usage."But Yang Xinxin suggested with a smile, "I think, brother probably won't lack ordinary firearms. Bullets and explosives might be more useful to him than guns."Lu Kernan suddenly realized."Right!"High-precision firearms were too difficult to manufacture. But bullets and explosives were much easier to make. Even an ordinary demolition expert could produce TNT according to the ratio.For professionals like Lu Kernan, making bombs with greater power and stability was definitely not difficult."I'll discuss it with big brother tomorrow! See what weapons he needs."Lu Kernan was very happy.She was a person who knew how to repay kindness. She had to find a way to repay Zhang Yi's kindness, otherwise, she would not feel balanced inside.The next morning, Lu Kernan eagerly went to find Zhang Yi and told him her thoughts. Zhang Yi was also very moved. He had been considering that his traps were too simple to withstand attacks from stronger enemies. If there were more landmines and explosives, that would be great.He immediately said to Lu Kernan, "Very well, you mass-produce these things. Be sure to be safe! Tell me what materials you need."Lu Kernan patted her chest, making a "bang bang" sound."Don't worry, big brother, I'm a professional at this!"Zhang Yi subconsciously glanced at her chest, feeling a bit worried about her future children."Work hard, I'm counting on you, sis!"Zhang Yi patted her shoulder and encouraged her.