Chapter 240 Target: Yunque Manor

In order to cover up his verbal slip, Xu Dongtang smoothly shifted the blame onto Zhang Yi.
"After all, Zhang Yi is also an extraordinary person. By mentioning him, we can seamlessly fill in the gaps and conceal Xu Chunlei's existence.""That Zhang Yi is like a devil! He alone killed over a hundred people in our Xu Dong Village!""We dare not speak out against him, we can only swallow our anger and bear it.""Leader, it's great that you're here now. You must speak up for us!"With Xu Dongtang leading the way, the villagers of Xu Dong Village quickly redirected all the attention to Zhang Yi. No one wanted the protector, Xu Chunlei, to be exposed.Coincidentally, Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang's purpose in coming here was to find Zhang Yi. It was a stroke of luck that they obtained information here.Both of them were pleased. Once they completed the final investigation task, they could return to the base. And the existence of Xu Family Town was also a pleasant surprise for them.Xie Huanhuan promptly inquired about information on Zhang Yi from the villagers. Xu Dongtang pondered for a moment; they had no clear idea about Zhang Yi's age, height, or appearance. After all, they had fought him in the dark of night, pursued by Zhang Yi with a sniper rifle like dogs."We only know that there are many traps near his house. And he has guns. Plus, he has a vehicle that can drive on snow."Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang meticulously noted down this information. Particularly, the details about weapons and traps would greatly assist their future investigations."What about his ability? Does anyone know?" Xie Huanhuan asked, her most pressing question.The abilities of extraordinary individuals were also classified into different levels. Some mutations were entirely negative, resulting in no powerful abilities but rather abnormal physical conditions. Some abilities had limited utility. But a powerful ability holder was useful for the Western Mountain Base.Upon hearing this, Xu Dongtang and others were at a loss. When they fought Zhang Yi, they were already in a sorry state from traps and sniper fire. They hadn't witnessed Zhang Yi using any abilities. Everything they knew about his abilities was from Xu Chunlei.Xu Dongtang awkwardly chuckled, "We don't understand that! We don't really know much about abilities. We just feel that this person is very unusual, not like an ordinary person.""Leader, this matter still requires your investigation!" Xie Huanhuan's eyes flashed with a hint of disappointment. Understanding an extraordinary person's ability was crucial; unfortunately, they hadn't obtained that information.She repeatedly asked, but the villagers genuinely didn't know. Even until now, Xu Chunlei wasn't very clear about Zhang Yi's abilities, only knowing that it was related to spatial manipulation.Zhang Yi had done an excellent job of keeping his abilities and arsenal secret. Even those close to him were unaware of his full capabilities, let alone this group of people.After finishing a meal, Xie Huanhuan and Liu Ziyang, unable to gather more information, decided to leave Xu Dong Village.Xu Dongtang still harbored some hope, hoping that Xie Huanhuan could help him secure a position of authority. After all, in his eyes, the rank of Second Lieutenant was already a significant military rank.Xie Huanhuan smiled and nodded in agreement. "From now on, you will be in charge of this place! If you find any useful information, remember to report to me promptly."Xu Dongtang was overjoyed, "Yes, yes, I will contribute all my strength to the organization! Please trust me!"As the two were about to leave, Xu Dongtang stuffed them with plenty of items. Xie Huanhuan wasn't interested in most of them but kept a few bottles of good wine.They left Xu Dong Village. Xie Huanhuan took out her instrument and reported the situation in Xu Family Town to the Western Mountain Base."Discovered a large village, Xu Family Town, with around 2000 surviving residents, and a large stockpile of food.""No extraordinary individuals found."After making the report, Xie Huanhuan put away her instrument. Liu Ziyang stood guard nearby.Once Xie Huanhuan finished, he asked, "Why did you lie to those people in the village just now?"Liu Ziyang was puzzled; almost everything Xie Huanhuan said to Xu Dongtang was untrue. For example, saying that the snow disaster was about to end or that they could help with post-disaster reconstruction. Everyone knew that no one could predict when the snow disaster would end, not even the higher-ups at Western Mountain Base.Xie Huanhuan glanced at the big guy beside her, smiling indifferently. "If we tell them the truth, do you think we'll still be treated as guests here, enjoying good food and drink, and getting honest information?"Liu Ziyang scratched his head. "I understand the reasoning. But it just doesn't feel right!""After all, those villagers have been pretty nice to us."Xie Huanhuan smiled faintly, her words carrying a deeper meaning. "That's why, you can only be my subordinate."Liu Ziyang shrugged helplessly.As an elite soldier, he was far inferior to Xie Huanhuan in matters of social grace.Xie Huanhuan didn't care about Liu Ziyang's thoughts. She was the leader of this search operation, and Liu Ziyang was just her subordinate."Our next stop will be to meet this Zhang Yi!"She tossed her hair flirtatiously, her eyes tinged with curiosity."According to the villagers of Xu Dong Village, this guy is quite extraordinary. And it's highly likely that he's an extraordinary individual!"Liu Ziyang, upon hearing this, grinned happily. "If we can bring him back, it'll be a great achievement!"A meaningful smile played on Xie Huanhuan's lips."Compared to him, there are other things above that are more concerning."Whether Zhang Yi was an extraordinary individual was unclear. But in the instructions given to her, it clearly stated, "Investigate his connection to the Walmart warehouse theft."Originally, the higher-ups at Western Mountain Base didn't pay much attention to Zhang Yi. However, after hearing the descriptions from the villagers of Xu Dong Village, Xie Huanhuan felt that things weren't that simple.Perhaps through Zhang Yi, they could find the stolen goods from the warehouse, which was touted as the largest warehouse in South China!Excitement flickered in Xie Huanhuan's eyes."If we can really find those things, this significant achievement might make me the second most important person in the base! Or even..."