Chapter 13: The Training Session!

As they stood in front of the barn, the wind brushed against the grass, flowing past them while they faced Lars and Warcher on the opposite side of the open area.

Lars: This training is not for the weak, nor is it simply about being strong. This training is about challenging our ideals. Steven, you and Connie share goals to protect the Earth and your loved ones. But in this training, you will be pushed to see your true selves and confront the true ideals you hold, breaking any illusions others may have crafted for you.

Connie and Steven nodded before exchanging a giggling look, feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement. Lars exhaled deeply and crossed his arms.

Lars: Stand with your backs straight and keep your eyes on me and my assistant.

They turned to face him, their expressions goofily serious-a clear sign they hadn't fully grasped Lars' message about the profound nature of the training, though they understood it was meant to strengthen them. Something deeper lay within Lars' words, a lesson they were yet to comprehend.

Lars: What you will experience here won't be discussed with anyone, unless you're explaining it away as basic play or the usual kid stuff.

He paused to ensure they were attentive before continuing.

Lars: Connie, you will learn the ways of the sword. You'll use any move necessary, even those not considered 'sportsmanlike,' to win.

She nodded firmly, ready to embrace the challenge.

Lars: Steven, you will refine your powers for greater efficiency. You'll learn to think creatively and outside the box.

Steven gave a playful salute, eager to begin.

Lars: Your first lesson starts now. Adapt to fighting together against us. Work as a team, think on your feet, and support each other.

Connie: Wait, right now?

Lars: Yes.

Connie look down as know well she only has her fist while Steven dont need any weapon as he can just project a shield or a bubble from his gem.

Lars: You will use this.

His palms open as a long silverly sword formed in his arm as he threw it beside her, landing a meter away from her food as the kids gasp in shock and disbelief.

Steven: How did you do that?!

Connie: Wha the...

Lars: Dont question your instructor, students. Pick it up Connie.

She was still confused at how a blade appeared in Lars hands but deciding that she cant keep questioning everything with logic that she witness thanks to being with Steven for a long enough time to understand, she pick the blade up and held it up with some trouble since the weight was too heavy for her.