Chapter 5 - Needing a Break

Texting Cam two days after meeting up with Zig wasn't the best idea for Maya to do but avoiding him was even worse. She was even avoiding Tori. She would skip the classes that her and Tori shared together until she could face what happened with her and Zig. Cam on the other hand wasn't having it. He was waiting at her locker at free period with a sad face. "Are you breaking up with me or something?" Cam asked with a sadder face. Maya was confused. "Why would you say that?" Maya said nervously. "Because since you went to talk to Zig you've been ignoring me. We don't text like we use to. And I haven't had a kiss or any affection from my girlfriend in days. What's going on, Maya? And don't say nothing or I'm fine because I know something is going on with you. I know my girlfriend," Cam said to Maya.

"Well, to answer your question. No I'm not breaking up with you. I've just needed alone time for myself, I hope you understand." Maya said to Cam. "And that alone time did you figure out what you needed to?" Cam asked. "Some of it," Maya said back. "Ok, I will give you space to figure out the rest of it," Cam said falling confused. "Cam, it has nothing to do with us," Maya said with a side smile that was forced. "Right?" Cam said knowing Maya was lying. "Well, whatever you decide I love you. Just know that, ok," Cam said fighting back tears. Because he knew something happened with her and Zig that had her second guessing there relationship. "Cam, I'm sorry I just need a little more time to think," Maya said to Cam. "Take as much as you need Maya. I'm going to go put more practice in I have a game tomorrow. It's ok if you don't come because of you needing space in all," Cam said with his voice breaking a little because he didn't want to cry in front of Maya.

"Cam? Cam, please," Maya yelled for him to stop but Cam kept walking towards the hockey rink. Maya threw herself on the lockers and sled down. "I can't believe I just did that to my boyfriend. He hates me. He has all rights, Maya thought to myself. "Hey Maya, what's up? I just saw Cam, he looked like he was about to cry. What happened?" Tristan asked Maya. "I told him I needed space. And I guess he didn't take it well," Maya said to Tristan. "Why? Does this have anything to do with Zig?" Tristan asked. "Why would you ask that?" Maya asked. "Because I heard him in the locker room with some grade tens talking about how he kissed you so good that you and Cam would be over soon," Tristan repeated the locker room gossip. "Please tell me your lying?" Maya asked Tristan. "Nope, look Maya your my best friend but so is Tori, but she is oblivious to everything that is going on around her. I don't want to see anyone hurt at the end of this." Tristan said making Maya think as he went back to class.

I can't believe I did that to Cam, Maya thought as she put her hands on her head. She tried to text Cam but he blocked her. Now she felt like crying. She got off the floor and went home for the rest of the day. Cam on the other hand was in the hockey rink just staring at the ice while tears came down his face. I give up everything to spend more time with her. And she tells me she needs space from me. Zig got into her head. Now she second guessing our whole relationship. I guess he won. I'm not going to fight for a girl that won't fight for me. We've been together since the summer before this year started and I never gave her a reason to think. Coming out of his thoughts with a hand on his shoulder, Cam looked up and wiped his eyes.