Chapter Nineteen

Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates.
- Kate Angell, Squeeze Play (Richmond Rogues, #1)

Claire Bishop

Hot. Sweat. Stink.

But that was the least thing, I should be worried about. Despite gasping for breath, I kept going. I had to keep going, to be in shape no matter what. I feel like sitting at home, doing nothing for weeks had gained me unnecessary pounds.

It didn't help that Tyler took me and Lydia out every day and showered us with lot of foods. And whose idea was it to order junk food and sweets?

You, of course.

First the fast food joint, then the zoo where after tiring ourselves with all the animals, we had our share of ice creams. Between that day and this day, it was suffice to say by going out, I ate more than I ever ate in my whole life. I bet I gained ten pounds already. Ten extra unnecessary pounds which I needed to get rid off, before day after tomorrow night.

Must be in shape.

Groaning, I kept the marathon of climbing the stairs up and down with my sneakers on, huffing for breath. When I reached the last stair, I put my hands on my knees to suck in more airs but a shadow dropped on me, hiding the sunlight slipping through the open window in the lobby.

For a moment, I thought Tyler might have dropped in to check on me and instantly happiness covered my body that soon turned to disappointment when my eyes lifted and found the same identical blue eyes staring at me.

"Oh, it's you." I muttered between my gulps of air.

"Well, someone's happy to see me." Chloe taunted, with a flip of her blonde hairs. "Sorry to disappoint to you, little sister but yeah, it's me."

With a roll of my eyes, I turned and resumed my exercise. "Oh, please. What are you doing here?"

"I was on my way home but I thought of checking on the bride-to-be first." My sister answered as she followed me upstairs.

Check on me? I hoped for Tyler, not my merry sister.

And what was she merry about?

Was she getting laid? Great, now I was the only one left to suffer.

"And what exactly are you doing?" Mrs. Merry asked, confused.

I flatly looked at her. "What does it look like?"

She raised her hands in surrender. "Okaaay. But why not jog on the sidewalk? And there's a park nearby, you know that right?"

Reaching the first floor, I leaned on the wall to get rid of the cramp in my knees. These climbing wasn't helping much instead it was adding more trouble.

"Chloe, you remember the dress shopping. Do you want a repeat of that episode?" I reminded her the clash of titans....eh I meant reporters outside the french designers shop. "I'm not taking any chances."

"Be in disguise. Celebrities always do that." Chloe suggested, leaning beside me.

"I said I'm not taking any chances!" I snapped at her and took off climbing again.

"Fine but what crawled up your ass and died?" I heard her voice behind me, following me again. "Are you pms'ing?"

I immediately halted and circled to face her. With a defeated sigh, I lifted my top a inch and pointed. "Have you seen this mound? I have a pot belly!"

Chloe swatted my hand away, with a huff. "Oh come on. That's not a pot belly. A little bit of weight never hurt anybody. Besides Tyler won't leave you for few pounds."