Chapter Two

Mareck

Scared was an understatement as the demon that bought me circled. I know what he saw.

An omega.

The weakest link.

A feminine man.

Too small; too thin. Wild hair and big feet. Weird eyes that looked like a rainbow threw up on them.
A pup.

I felt it the moment I caught his scent. Mate.

My heart skipped beats, I'm sure of it. But who would want something so weak to be their equal. The other half of their soul. I felt the pull so strong. The need to be claimed. The need to mark. To protect and be protected. I could run to him and hold onto him for dear life.

But I don't know where I got the strength from to hold back. My body shook with the force of keeping my feet planted beneath me and my hands firmly at my sides.

"What is your name?" his voice, traveling through me I could shudder.

"W-What e-ever y-you want to c-call me Master" I thought I had gotten rid of my stutter but here and now I was absolutely nothing.

"What would you like to be called? It is your choice. Who are you?" identity. Was he offering me my own identity?

I raised my eyes to his and was immediately caught in them.

Who am I?

I pondered this. I furrowed my brows deep in thought. Who am I?

"Mareck. I am Mareck" I picked this name based on a character in a novel I once read.

"Mareck. I like it. I am Venom" my Master says with a bow, which he totally should not be doing.

"Why are you bowing to me? I am but a slave" I asked completely confused.

"Trust me when I say I want to do more than bow to you" I blushed at that. Why the heck am I blushing?

"Come, I will teleport us to my home. You can clean up and get comfortable. Hopefully it will become home to you also" my Master says leaving me confused as all get out. Taking me by my shoulders blackness surrounded us for a few moments before I blinked at the sight before me.

A freaking palace. Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap! Venom! Oh crap! As in Lord Venom, one of the Nine Princes of Realm Helliem.

"I'll um show you to a room where you can clean up. I'll lend you something of mine to wear until we get you your own things tomorrow" Master Venom says and he sounded quite excited mentioning that I wear some of his clothes.

"Yes master Venom".

"Please don't call me that" I'm assuming it's the Master thing.

The demon leads me to a room. A really nice room and showed me where everything was. I stripped down and entered the shower. Groaning loudly as the warm water bathed me. My tense muscles slowly relaxed. Guess this was what all the frenzy is about hot showers.

I stepped out when I had thoroughly washed all the blood and dirt from my hair and body. Where did Master say the towels were? I was turning in circles like a headless chicken. See? Who would even want somebody who can't even remember the simplest things?

For Hades sake, I've never even bathed in a shower before. Twenty-one years old and I was as clueless about the workings of a house and its items like a babe.

I opened all the upper cabinet thing-ys, nope no towels there. I bent over and opened the things below, sticking my head inside and twisting and turning to see well. Ah ha! Found it!

"Oh my Gods!" I banged my head on the board of the thing as the loud groan behind me sounded.

I rubbed at the throb on my head and turned around to see a very shirtless, wet demon tenting his shorts in front of me. And what an impressive tent it was. He could house an entire family of squirrels there. What the feck am I thinking?

Master's nostrils flared as he looked upon my body. I stood still. Casting my eyes down as I was taught. I know that look. The look of lust before they took a slave.

"y-you can have m-my b-body Master. I am yours" the damned stutter again. I turned and braced my hands on top the table thing in front of the mirror, bending slightly and offering my body to my Master.

I was trembling so badly that my teeth chattered. I've seen and heard how a slave is taken. I've never experienced it myself but brutal didn't begin to describe it. Slaves have been broken so badly that they come to enjoy such violence. Such force. I just hope my Master would be gentle.

"Mareck? Mareck what are you doing?" I squeezed my eyes shut as his hand comes down on my shoulder.

"Offering you my b-body" I whispered.

"I don't want it" my eyes snapped up to his in the mirror. Yea, I guess a guy wouldn't even want to rape me.

My mate. Ha! Mate my ass.

"Listen Mareck, I.. " he paused as if searching for words.

"I like you. A lot. And I find you very, very attractive... Um... You know what? Fuck it" fuck what? Master sounds resigned to whatever he wanted to fuck.

"Mareck you are my mate. My true mate and I'm sure you know that I'm yours" damn! I gasped when he spun me around and took my face in his hands.

"I already love you. I find you extremely sexy, my body burns for you but I won't take you like this" he looks into my eyes begging me with them to understand.

"I want you to want this. I want you to choose for yourself if you're willing to mate me" I held myself back from nodding like a maniac and throwing myself at him. Golly! He says he loves me! Master loves me?! But I'm not fit to be the mate of a Prince. Oh my! Oh my!

"Don't panic Mareck. We have time. I want to get to know you and for you to know me. You have a choice here. You can not want me as your mate. I would still sponsor you in the Pit games. So when you make your choice make sure it's for you" mention of the games was like one of those cold river baths I was used to. Master looks as though he was sincere. I didn't get any negative vibes from him.

I guess I do have a decision to make. But first I have to win my freedom. Master wants me but I don't want him to be broken hearted if I lose the competition. He is my mate after all and I love him too already. I can't and won't make this kind of commitment to him only to die.

A/N

A/N

I know, I know... Sorry it took this long.

So happy for all the votes, comments, additions to your reading lists, follows and well wishes. I really appreciate them.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter.

shout out to all you peeps!