Chapter Seven

Venom

I am so proud of my mate. A fucking golden tiger. That was totally wowza! A golden tiger is rare. So rare that every shifter that ever hosted a golden tiger was written in their history. Documented properly. It is said only a shifter pure of heart, actions and spirit is host to a golden tiger. My baby!

You done know I gloated as all get out about it. And maybe I shouldn't have because now a tribunal from The Shape shifters' Realm is coming to validate and document it. Mareck is going to hang me up by the balls.

"I already know," he murmured when I sat beside him on our bed and sighed.

"Can I ask you something Mareck?" he nodded.

"Will you consider mating me before the competition?" I would beg if I have to. I just had this feeling that we should do the mating ceremony before the games.

"Venom..." he groaned.

"I already told you not until I win the competition," not if I get you naked again first I thought to myself.

"Please Mareck! Pretty, pretty please! I'll be the best mate a guy could ask for," I begged pathetically. He gave me a sharp look and I swallowed back the rest of pleases I was gonna unleash on him. This is so not over.

"Get your big mouthed self up and teleport us to Lucifer's throne room. We have a tribunal to attend," he muttered sourly.

"Mareck," he gives me a sour look again.

"I'm sorry," I tried the sad cat look on him. Bingo!

"It's not your fault Venom. They were bound to find out sooner or later," he sighed. Ugh.. It's still my fault. I feel like a fuck up.

When we arrived the representatives weren't present yet. Lucifer took this time to reassure Mareck.

"Don't worry my boy, if they try anything stupid I'll fuck 'em up," way to make a guy feel secure dad! Off course I kept that to myself.

My brothers and I smirked at each other. Our dad is the coolest dad a demon could ask for.

"Murdha, please don't embarrass us eh?" Father says with such a serious look even Ascari, who is my baby brother Whrath's mate and a former angel giggled. Oh my!

"Relax baby," I murmured to Mareck who sat like he had a giant... Uh ermm..... Sorry....

"Easy for you to say! You're not the one that's going to be looked at like a prized cow!" the boy hissed, pinching my arm.

"And this is the first time I'm meeting the rest of your family," he hissed the last part.

"I said I was sorry," I pouted.

"Stop that! You look pathetic," Alexios says from his perch with Caleb securely in his lap.

"Oh fuck you!" I shouted and at the same time the tribunal reps came in all with equal looks of amusement.

"Murdha looks like you're not the family's embarrassment today," I heard it. I just didn't know who said it. I glared at every one if my brothers and their mates. Fuck! Demons have such great poker faces.

I zoned out during the greetings very enamored with the way my mate's braid draped over his shoulder and down his side to his hips then hanging off the sofa.

"Venom!"

"Huh?" everybody was looking to me for what I have no idea.

"Um could you repeat please?" I didn't look at anyone in particular because I didn't know who spoke.

"The representative Ling," Daddy gestures to the brown haired rat; seriously he had those creepy little beady black rat eyes.

"Would like you to confirm that you and Mareck are mates by venturing into Matick with him and lure Mareck's tiger out," dad finished with a quirk of his brow.

"Um sure but how is that helpful?" I asked because I'm not leaving my baby vulnerable by dreamscaping with him. He won't be aware of his surroundings and although I trust my family to have our backs I won't put my mate in danger. At all.

"It's alright Venom. It is tradition," Daddy says to me but fuck that, I now understand Caleb when he said fuck tradition.

"Venom, it's alright. Let's just do this and get it over with," Mareck says wearily.

I looked upon him. My mate. So beautiful. I kissed him. He punched me in the stomach ,"do you have to kiss me to do this," he blushed.

"Yes," I muttered going back in and latching on to those luscious lips. To heck with everyone else. I melded with Mareck's mind. He was trying hard to not get lost in our kiss. I felt his heart race. His mind going blank little by little the more I kissed him.

That's it. Lose yourself. I thought to him. I brought him to my dreamscape. A tropical forest filled with huge trees and green grass. I had him in my lap. Our lips still molded together. Then I gently broke our kiss.

"Call on your tiger and join with him," I said looking upon our animals as they nuzzled each other.

Mareck's tiger approached us and licked my neck acknowledging me as his mate also. Then he merged with Mareck and I coaxed them out of my dreamscape and back into the throne room.

Soft golden eyes looked on me as Mareck's tiger sat beside me. I stroked his fur as he looked around the room. I know he felt surrounded when the representatives approached eagerly. They looked at him. His body, his eyes, his paws and tail.

"It is truth. He is a golden tiger," another rep spoke. He was a tall thin man with a bald head.

"He can change back," he says writing down something.

"Mareck is an omega and he is a part of Hell's Pit. Would it be possible for you to release him from his omega status?" huh? Alexios was glaring at the reps. I would not have thought of that.

"Yes. Then he can return with us to our realm. As a powerful and rare shifter of none we've ever seen, Mareck must return with us," the rat faced fucker says and I lost my cool. No one was taking my mate anywhere.

My panther reared up and roared a territorial roar. I shifted partially. My claws out and fangs dropped low. Somebody will lose their throat tonight should they try and take our mate away from us.

 Somebody will lose their throat tonight should they try and take our mate away from us

A/N

So yea... vote, comment and share.

oh and I won't be updating Pride as yet but in the mean time I've posted a new story called Jim's Mechanic. Really appreciate if y'all could check it out.