• june and doubt •

• chapter twenty •

==============================================================================

"Please stop" I murmured shakily, my other hand clutching the black steering wheel. My hand tried to pry Jared's hand away from my thigh that was massaging my inner thigh, causing me to tremble and shake.

"Why?" he lowly teased, smirking to himself as he scrolled through his twitter feed.

I swallowed thickly and shakily sighed, giving up on trying to move his hand. My two hands clutched the steering wheel as I nervously drove to school.

"Jared!" I shrieked, my foot slamming against the brake. I whipped towards Jared.

"Stop it!" I exclaimed, shoving his hand that was creeping -- everywhere.

"You're so innocent!" Jared teased, poking my nose before wrapping his fingers around his iPhone.

I huffed, stomping on the gas pedal. I zoomed around the corner and swerved into a parking spot. I ripped my keys out of the ignition, taking my backpack, and storming out of the car, towards the school.

"Hey!" Jared called behind me, his feet slapping against the pavement to reach me. "I'm just kidding, baby" he explained, wrapping his thick arm around my waist and dragging me towards him.

My insides trembled as the word, 'baby' processed through my brain. "Fuck" I muttered, brushing my brown hair out of my eyes. "You're driving me crazy." I peered up at him through my eyelashes before tearing my gaze away from him, my cheeks becoming scorching hot.

"Good or bad?" Jared whispered against my temple, his arms tightening around my waist as we slightly swayed in the parking lot.

I buried my head in the crook of his neck, enjoying the warmth he brought me. "Good . . .?" I smiled against his warm neck.

Jared chuckled, his head swooping down to capture my lips in a gentle kiss. His large hands wandered over my body before cupping my butt, my lips parting as he slid his tongue into my mouth.

I moaned deep in my throat, my fingers running through his mini Afro.

He pressed his lips harder against mine, his hands tangling into my long hair. "Holy shit, Lia. You're lips are like a drug" Jared groaned, pecking my lips one more time before doing it many more times after.

I giggled, shoving him away. "Stop" I playfully ordered, licking my hot lips.

"Lia, babe," he started, lacing our fingers together as we resumed our walk to the courtyard. "Yes?"

"I . . . I--I--I was wondering if you w-wanted to go on a da-date with me?"

I bursted into laughter from his cute stuttering, forcing myself to chew on my lip to hide the laughs wanting to burst from my mouth. "Sorry. You're just so cute" I chuckled, pinching his light pink cheeks.

Jared pouted, swatting my hands away. "Whatever. So? Would you want too?"

I gave him a look, flicking my bangs out of my eyes. "Of course, Jared. Why wouldn't I?"

Jared shrugged, kissing my knuckles. "I don't know" he lamely replied, grinning as he pecked my knuckles.

I blushed and smiled, leaning my side to his. He gladly accepted me, loosely wrapping his muscular arm around my waist.

I hummed in content, smiling slightly as he massaged circles into my hips.

"Lia?" A shrilly voice called behind me. I could literally feel the smirk on her face as she sauntered besides me.