• hospital visits and forgiveness •

• chapter twenty two •

*posted early bc my best friend was being impatient XD (lol jk babe, I love you @bruH_wants_Something)*

==============================================================================

Jared shifted uncomfortably in his booth seat, his large hands automatically clasping together. "I--I can't determine that" Jared nervously promised me, taking my hand and kissing it gently.

I blushed and I gently pulled it away from him. "Okay" I smiled, the waiter coming just in time with our food.

==

3 weeks of suspension and 10 hours of community service was what I had to endure for that length of time, ignoring my parents the entire time.

My mother would sadly stare at me, her green eyes misty. Her thin lips would open to say something but I would purposely get up and go to my room or the kitchen.

My dad was the same but would actually beg to have conversations with me. I would only clamp my mouth shut and head to my room.

My parents faces were etched with hurt and confusion but I ignored it. I didn't really care and they shouldn't either.

I tugged a pair of skinny jeans on, fixing my ponytail that had sagged a bit.

My eyes darted towards the clock sitting on my nightstand, reading 7:10A.M.

I snatched my backpack from the foot of my bed and taking my keys from my desk.

As I was walking downstairs, my
mother stopped me. "Honey, we need to talk" she ordered sternly, raising a brow as if to challenge me to say no.

Glancing at the time on my phone, I held it up to her, dangling my phone in front of her face.

"I don't care if you have to leave. I'll write you note" my mother begged, her green eyes widening.

My father appeared from the kitchen, a large cup in his hands, steam wafting around the rim. "Lia. We are going to talk so let's talk. Sit yo' ass down and you better fucking listen" he ordered harshly.

I clenched my hands but I stomped towards the oak chair, plopping myself down and slamming my forearms into the top of the table. I grit my teeth.

"Okay. Talk" I snapped.

My father slammed his cup onto the table, jabbing a finger into the air. "Don't you dare get an attitude with me young lady --"

"Shut up!" my mother wailed, raking a hand through her hair. "Can we just have a conversation like civilized people!?"

"Yeah, if dad can even act civilized" I snorted.

My dad almost crushed his coffee cup in his hand, biting so hard on his bottom lip it looked like it would split and bleed.

"Lia" she warned, shooting me a stern look.

"Sorry" I insincerely apologized, clasping my hands and digging my nails into the palm of my hand.

"We want you to visit June in the hospital" my mother ordered.

My eyes widened and I shot up, my chair scraping against the wooden floors. "No!" I barked. Anger flooded through me, feeling my face turn hot and a bright red.

My father huffed out a breath. "Listen, Lia. We are your parents and you will listen to your parents! Now, your mother will drop you off at the hospital after school so you can apologize to putting your best friend in the hospital!" he hollered, his anger getting the best of him as he turned and whipped the cup of coffee at the wall. The coffee cracked into pieces and dropped to the ground, the coffee flooding around the crumbled mess.

I was startled by his outburst and lowered my head. "Whatever" I grit out, grabbing my backpack and stomping out.

==

"June Carpenter" I flatly informed the nurse at the front desk, leaning across the light blue counter.

The nurse flicked her eyes towards me, flipping through many files in a cabinet.

"Room A214, floor 3"

I nodded in thanks, heading towards the elevator.

I punched the button and the silver doors automatically opened. I stepped into one, pressing the correct button.

I walked along the halls, searching for room A214. I found it in a matter of seconds, the silver tag plastered onto the middle of the creme colored door.

I knocked. "Who is it?" a croaky voice called.

"Lia"

I heard shuffling and her voice was heard again. "Come in."

I pushed open the door, seeing June sitting upright with many plush pillows surrounding her, the thin covers tangled around her body. She wore a hospital gown, an IV tube hooked to her. Her nose was wrapped in a thick bandage, stained with red. Her face was covered with blue and yellow bruises, dark bags settled under her blue eyes. Her head was thinly wrapped with a bandage as well.

"Hello, Lia" she greeted me, smiling widely.

I rose a brow, awkwardly standing near the door as I shut it. "Hi. How have you been?"

June brightened up, grinning. "I've been good. You?"

"Never been better" I sarcastically commented. "But . . . I would like to say I'm sorry. Sorry for putting you in the hospital" I bitterly apologized.

"Oh. It's fine. I'm living, right?" she chuckled gently but I didn't laugh with her, June automatically stopping.

"Yeah."

It was silent for a couple of minutes before June spoke again. "I . . . Lia. I want to be your best friend again. I miss our amazing friendship that has always lasted. I miss it so much. I missed our girl nights when we would stay up all night watching horror movies while eating a bunch of junk food. I missed everything about our relationship. Maybe . . . maybe you could forgive me?"

I tilted my head, an unknown emotion coating her features. But I saw a sincere emotion in her eyes.

"Maybe. Just maybe" I answered, crossing my arms.

June's grin grew wider, a weird expression passing through her face. "Really!? Maybe a girls night . . ." she trailed off, meeting my eyes. The look passed away and she blushed. "Is that good?"

I awkwardly laughed, scratching my head. "Yeah. That's good."

June's P.O.V.

She doesn't know.

She shouldn't know.

Lia is mine.

And that nigger should've known before.

==

Lol guys I think I actually have a crush . . .? Haha XD

Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter !!

QOTC:

What's your favorite song ?

MA: Heartbreaker - Justin Bieber (that is the shit)

~ babygirl mida

P.S. DEDICATED TO @bruH_wants_Something FOR BEING AMAZING AND A GORGEOUS BEST FRIEND :D Follow her :) ?