Chapter Twenty One

Johnathan

It was the annoying beeping. That incessant annoying fucking beeping. Curse you alarm clock!

I swiped my arm at it intending to bat it away from my ear when a sharp pain pierced me. God, my arm was heavy as fuck.

"Ah fuck." I mumbled trying to open my eyes.

"Johnathan!" my ears rang.

"What the fuck?" I have no way of describing what I saw once the blurriness came into focus.

"Oh god baby you're alright." Carter was next to me with a stupid teary smile.

"What the hell happened? Why am I looking like a mummy?" I asked taking stock of my slung up leg and arm.

"You don't remember? You were hit by a truck." I squinted at him. Huh?

"Hello Mr. James. I am your attending physician Dr. Kim. You were involved in an accident three days ago." the woman in the white coat says jutting down something in her clip board.

"You sure?" I still couldn't believe it. Accident?

"Yes you were. The broken arm and leg and ribs are proof enough." she chuckles. Carter was hovering like a fucking fly.

"Would you sit the hell down?" I groaned when he leaned in close to my face yet again.

"Sorry!" he walks a little way away from my bed.

Closing my eyes I tried remembering what happened. It came in bits and pieces.

Me and Carlene at the store.

The argument with Carlene's mom.

The police station.

Carter angry with me.

Going to the beach house.

Meeting that lady.

I remember heading back to the city. I was so anxious to call Carter and tell him I forgive him for hitting me.

"You fucker! You slapped me!" I screeched at him.

"I'm sorry what?" the good doctor looked absolutely clueless.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry baby!" Carter says coming back to my bedside.

"Um.. If there's any case of domestic abuse you need to report it." Dr. Kim jumps in.

"No there isn't." Carter says.

"Hush. I wasn't talking to you." she scowled at Carter. "Now, Mr. James would you like me to contact the police?" She smiles at me encouragingly.

"Nah... We're ok. It was just a love tap." I smirked at Carter.

He blinked like an owl.

"Johnathan you hoe! Don't you ever, ever scare me like that or I will castrate you!" Lisa engulfed me, well what parts she could reach in a hug.

"Sorry my wounds pain you." I muttered sarcastically.

"Shut up you ass. There is somebody outside who's more anxious to see you." she sing songs.

"Is it Andy Biersack? Send his sexy ass in." I gasped.

"No, I couldn't get him. Buut... Carlene's dying to see you. You're her hero now." Lisa faked a scowl of disappointment.

I smiled. My little woman. "Yea? send her in."

I rose up a bit when Carlene shuffles slowly into the room. Her eyes full with tears. "Aww... Come here baby." I say softly when she finally reached my bed. Carter helped her up onto the bed.